3rd Reading and Writing Planning
Feb. 8-12 and Feb. 15-19
Reading TEKS Fig. 19 D, E (Nonfiction)
3.4 A, B, C- vocabulary development (2/8)
Poetry 3.6 A (2/16)
Fig. 19 (D)(R)make inferences using text evidence to support understanding .
(E)(R)summarize information in text, maintaining meaning and logical order.
- (D) The reader can tell from this article that__________________
- What inference can be made from this information?
- Which sentence in this information tells that reader that the discovery is __________________________?
- How can the reader tell that scientists do not agree on the finding of this investigation? Which information in this article tells the reader that _________________should receive credit for the discovery?
- Which sentence informs the reader that this information has been written about before?
- (E) Which of the following is the best summary of this information?
- What happened when__________discovered ____________?
- What is the most important fact in the subtopic____________________?
- What happened that caused ___________________to begin an investigation?
DCA #2 March 2
3.20 A, C Expository
(i) establish a central idea in a topic sentence
(ii) include supporting sentences with simple facts, details, and explanations
(iii) contain a concluding statement
3.17 A, B, C, D, E-Writing Process
Grammar as needed.
Rees TELPAS Calendar 2016
Week of 2/16-expository due for TELPAS and math or science piece
Week of 2/22-past tense and social studies or science piece for TELPAS
Social Studies TEKS 3.4 B, D, E
(4) Geography. The student understands how humans adapt to variations in the physical environment. The student is expected to:
(B) identify and compare how people in different communities adapt to or modify the physical environment in which they live such as deserts, mountains, wetlands, and plains;
(D) describe the effects of human processes such as building new homes, conservation, and pollution in shaping the landscape;
(E) identify and compare the human characteristics of various regions.
Lesson Plan: People Change Environment (Dr. T. Jensen)
(Lesson Idea: Google Earth- pictures of Alief Then & Now, TM: Double Bubble)
- Geography Basics: Landforms and Living Patterns, Part II, Human Activities That Impact the Earth’s Surface.