AMMS Lions Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, January 25, 2021
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Laurie Chans, 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Student COVID-19 Report Portal Updates
Fulton Full-Time Online School
New School Year Calendars
In case you missed it, last month the School Board adopted calendars for the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years. Monday, August 9, will be the first day of school for 2021-22, with the last day being May 26, the Thursday before Memorial Day.
Similarly, the first day of school for 2022-23 will be August 8 and the last day is May 25. Both calendars have dedicated time off for students and staff, including a week for Thanksgiving Break, two weeks for Winter Break, and one week for Spring Break. The approved calendars can be viewed here: 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
Save the Date.....February 16th is Picture Day
F2F students will have their pictures taken during their social studies classes.
Safety and social distancing measures will be put in place:
- Students will stand 6 feet apart while waiting in line with their masks on. They will take their masks off for the picture.
- There will be no camera cards for students to use; they will provide their student (lunch) number or name to the photographer.
- All photographers will wear masks.
- No props will be used.
Virtual students can come to the school during their connection classes. They will be excused from these classes for pictures.
- 6th grade virtual students – 2:20 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.
- 7th grade virtual students – 9:00 a.m. – 11:08 a.m.
- 8th grade virtual students – 11:13 a.m. – 1:05 p.m.
We will allow students from the same family to come together (for example, a 6th and 8th grade student from the same family). Students will enter the front door, get their picture taken in the front atrium, and then exit immediately. Parents will be required to wait in the parking lot for their students.
You should receive an email from Lifetouch about the online procedures for ordering the pictures. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a wonderful day!
Hardship Transfer Deadline is March 1, 2021
Hardship Transfer applications are available beginning Jan.1 for parents who wish to apply for a 2021-22 hardship transfer or to renew a current hardship to another Fulton elementary, middle or high school. Parents will use an online form to enter and submit their information.
Class of 2025 REACH SCHOLAR
Orlando Myers, 8th grade student at Autrey Mill Middle School, has been selected as a Class of 2025 REACH SCHOLAR!
Orlando Myers and his family participated in the January 19th REACH Scholar Program Signing Day. Orlando committed himself to upholding the REACH Scholar academic and behavior obligations and requirements. Orlando's family committed their ongoing support to Orlando as he progresses through the program in high school.
Orlando would like to attend Georgia Institute of Technology when he graduates and become a Veterinarian. Orlando shared, "Kobe is my inspiration because he never let anything get in his way".
ATTENDANCE for Second Semester - Please Read Carefully!
Second semester will revert to manual attendance for both: F2F Learning and Remote Learning.
- F2F Learning
- Attendance will be marked by period (same as always)– Present/Absent/Tardy
- Student must attend over ½ a day to count present for the whole day.
- Submitting Absence Notes: A student that is absent still must submit a note from the parent within 5 days of their return to school. All notes should include student's full name, date of absence, reason for absence and Dr. note when possible.
- Remote Learning (most lessons are Synchronous-Live)
- Attendance will be marked by period.
- A student must be there for a “Live” lesson.
- The teacher will take roll within the first five minutes of class.
- If the teachers believe that the students logged in but did not stay/participate, then the teacher can remove the participation check.
- Submitting Absence Notes: A student that is absent still must submit an email within 5 days. Parents should email Ms. Pieper at email@example.com. The following information should be included: student full name, grade, date of absence, reason for absence and period or periods absent. You can attach a Dr. note to the email for our records.
If a lesson is Asynchronous, then the student is required to submit an assignment to be marked Participated.
6th Grade Laurie Chans, firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade Dr. Mimi Gamel, email@example.com
8th Grade Anita Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org
As you know, this year is different than any other school year we’ve experienced. So, our yearbook will be a bit different too! The yearbook staff would love for YOU to submit photos to be featured in this year’s book! There are two ways you can do this: it’s super easy-this can be done by both in person and virtual learners (option 1 or 2), and families/parents (option 2 only). Parents, please encourage your student to use option one as it will help with general yearbook content.
- ***FOR STUDENTS-will require Microsoft Login*** Click here to see a list of specific categories in which we need pictures-if you have any of these, fill out the correct form and upload your photos.
- *For anyone to use-no login required* Click here to submit any photos, including photos that do not fit into one of the above forms-we need those too! (if user ID needed use this: 415464602)