By: Principal Dufrene (March 8th)
Hey Hampshire HS,
It was a peaceful Sunday not worrying about if we are "Red" on the DHHR map or what day we are going to have snow. This week, sunny skies in the 60s & 70s!!!
Last week was a long, but productive week now that we are back to the 4:1 schedule! It was awesome having students back in the classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, and staying after school for opportunities. We need to keep focused and putting in the work the rest of the way so we can finish strong!
We just finished our first week of 5th Block (credit recovery and after-school tutoring) and we had over 40 students stay for additional academic support...let's keep it going!!! Students, make sure you sign-up on the link provided in Schoology during breakfast time or in the evening at home (5th Block link is also provided below).
Don't forget, Daylight Saving Time 2021 begins Sunday, March 14th at 2:00 AM...move your clocks ahead one hour!
Curbside Meals: Pick-up or Delivery...
Curbside Pick Up or Delivery Of Meals-- March 12, 2021
Friday, March 12, 2021 students may pick up meals or have meals delivered. Curbside meals will be available from 10:00-12:00 at all schools. Meals will be delivered beginning at 9:30 am. Please visit the Hampshire County Board of Education website to register your child if you are interested in receiving meals.
To view the update, click the link below:
Online Ticket Information: Winter Season
How to obtain a ticket for HHS athletic events?
- Go to www.hampshiretrojans.com
- Click on the ticketing tab
- Click on the URL that will lead you to box office
- Spectators will select which game from the box office they would like to attend
- Parents and grandparents will have a passcode to purchase their ticket as early as a week before the game
- If there are any tickets leftover (according to capacity regulations) for general admission, they will be sold 24 hours before the start of the game. These general admission tickets are purchased without a passcode.
Please contact Mr. Trey Stewart, athletic director for additional information: email@example.com
- Congrats to the following wrestlers for placing at the PVC Meet over the weekend...Jacob Staub 1st place, Wes Landis 2nd place, and Grant Landis 3rd place!!!
- Congrats to the following student-athletes for continuing their athletic & academic careers...Tra Bryson = baseball at Davis & Elkins; Gracie Fields = basketball at Potomac State; Marcus Elmer = track & field at West Liberty; Burt Gayleard = soccer at Potomac State; Mikhi Anderson = track & field at West Liberty; Ethan Thorne = swim at Hood College; Jordan Haslacker = swim at Bethany College; and Teeia Keckley = soccer at Potomac State...way to go Trojans!!!
WHHS Radio broadcasting basketball games this season...
Great news! We’ve just been notified that the test fee is being covered. Now all AP students can take the tests for free!!!!
If you have paid for the test already, please contact Mrs. Grapes for a refund.
You must indicate through My AP the college, university, or scholarship program you’d like to receive your free score report. Students indicate this information only through My AP. The deadline to indicate or change your free score report recipient through My AP is June 20.
SAT Testing Information...
Any Senior who did not participate in the Fall administration of the SAT School Day and would like to take the Spring administration on April 13th with the Junior class needs to contact Ms. Fuller immediately to be put on the list.
Office Phone: 304-822-5016 ext. 1003
or message through Schoology
Seniors who took the SAT School Day in October:
Your scores are available in your CollegeBoard.org account. If you cannot remember your log-in information, call the help desk and DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT! Creating a duplicate account can make it difficult to retrieve your scores and delay reporting. HHS does not have access to your account information.
Parent Consent Form for the SAT School Day
Students participating in the SAT School Day (state assessment for juniors and seniors who did not participate in the fall test) need to submit a completed parent consent form in order to participate in the student search questions. The purpose of these questions is stated within the form. All areas that are starred need addressed if a parent wants their child to complete the entire questionnaire. This includes the question directly above the parent signature that often gets hidden and missed. A copy of the consent form is attached and can be returned to a student's first period teacher, counselor, main office or emailed/sent in a Schoology message to Ms. Fuller. Organizational information about the test will be posted when it is available.
* Wear proper face covering at all times.
* Social distancing at all times throughout the day.
* Wash your hands.
👩⚕️🏥🧑🏽⚕️Daily Health Screening