April 11th, 2022
Dates to Remember
4/12- First Grade Learning Zoo (In-house Field Trip hosted by PTO)
4/13 - Kindergarten & 1st Grade Egg Hunt, Second Grade Learning Zoo (In-house Field Trip hosted by PTO)
4/14 - Field Day
4/15 - Holiday - No School
4/18 - Holiday - No School
4/19- Third Grade Learning Zoo (In-house Field Trip hosted by PTO)
4/22- Bobcat Bonanza (PTO Spring Fundraiser)
4/28- Kindergarten Learning Zoo (in-house field trip hosted by PTO)
5/1 - School Principal Day
5/2-5/7- Teacher Appreciation Week
5/3 - All School Skate at Sk8town (More Info to Come)
5/5 - Choir Concert 6:00pm
5/13 - All Library Books Due
5/20 - Kindergarten Graduation
5/23 - All School Yearbook Signing
5/24 - Paw-Some Award Ceremony - Wear GREEN for Resilience
5/25 - Gifted & Talented Expo
5/26 - Last Day of School, Fourth Grade Clap-Out (Hawaiian Theme), Early Release 12:10pm
Student Placement for 22-23 is a Top Priority at Bush
Student placement for the 2022-2023 school year is decided by a committee made up of your child’s current year's teachers, principal, assistant principal, counselor, and sometimes, the special education staff. We work very hard to match children's learning styles and personalities with next year's teachers. We take this task very seriously and examine the strengths and needs of each child as we strive to place each student in the environment in which he/she will be most successful.
Our placement committee will begin meeting soon, and we continue to work through placement procedures throughout the summer. Because of this, families will be notified of their child’s teachers in August before school begins. Once your child's placement is complete, it is not possible to make changes, as this compromises the dynamics of the entire class. We work very hard to create just the right environment for each student.
If you have concerns about your child's placement that you would like us to consider, you may share those concerns with our counselor, Mrs. McGhee. Please use the link below to submit your concerns by Friday, April 15, 2022. This is a firm deadline as placement decisions will be starting at that time.
If you have expressed a concern in previous years, and you feel that it should still be considered, please communicate this information every year via e-mail to Mrs. McGhee. We do not review previous year's requests. Please do not request specific teachers or make friend requests for your child. As a placement committee, we will not choose students' teachers based on their siblings' past teachers. Instead, we choose the best fit for the individual child dependent on a number of criteria such as learning style, classroom dynamics, and personality. Class composition and a learning/personality match are our top priority as we strive for the correct placement for each child. We appreciate your help and support with this very important endeavor and request that you notify friends and neighbors who may overlook this information.
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year for students new to Conroe ISD is now open
Are you planning a move this summer?
Are you planning to move this summer? If so, please email email@example.com. Please include students name and teacher. We will get you a summer mover form that needs filled out and turned into the front office before the last day of school.
2022 Elementary Summer School Program
All school Field Day April 14 ,2022
All School Field Day April 14, 2022. Please help Bush Bobcats enjoy their Field Day by volunteering your time & enthusiasm! All students will engage in activities with their grade level. Click HERE to sign up to volunteer.
Save your plastic grocery bags
H-E-B will be celebrating Earth Day, April 22, 2022 and our school has a chance to earn a Gift Card just for participating. Our Recycling team is excited to help Bush participate in this contest! The contest begins on Monday, April 4th and ends Friday April 29th. Students can bring in clean plastic grocery bags and put them in the designated recycling bags in the gym.
Summer GT Testing at Bush Elementary
The referral window for Summer GT testing will be from April 1st-29th. If you would like to nominate your student for Summer GT testing, please read below:
- Summer GT Testing will take place at Bush Elementary on Tuesday, May 31- Thursday June 2 from 8:00am-11:00am.
- All students will be tested in both Iowa and CogAT. Students may not take partial tests or skip around.
- Students must be present all three days of testing.
- If a student took any GT test this school year (2nd Grade CogAT and or Spring testing), he/she may not participate in this round of testing. It is the same test and will invalidate the norms.
If you are interested in having your child tested this summer, please email Brooke McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org
message from the front office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school must turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- All individuals entering the building must check-in at the front office by showing a valid ID.
- All items forgotten at home can be dropped off at our outside drop off table and will be taken down to your student before their lunch period.
- We kindly ask for no dogs on school property.
- We ask that any student leaving before regular dismissal is picked up by 2:45pm.
- Please help keep your information current. If you have a change of address or phone number please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Excused or Unexcused Absence
What is the difference???... If your child is not in attendance at school for the entire day for any reason, the student is considered “absent”. There are two types of absences:
- Excused Absence: an absence is considered "excused" when there is prior parental notification (phone call or email to the front office) explaining the absence, or a note from a parent or medical professional upon return to school. Absences can be excused if they are related to illness, medical appointment, a death in the family, or other health related reasons. An excused absence does not remove the absence from the student’s record, but it does document that a student is absent for an excusable reason.
- Unexcused Absence: an absence is considered “unexcused” when there is no prior parental notification, no note or email sent upon return explaining the absence, for family travel/vacation, or other absences not recognized as "excused" by the district or state.
Help Keep your Child's Information Current
If any of your phone numbers, email addresses or physical address has changed since the start of school, please contact the front office at email@example.com. An address change will need to have a Proof of Residency such which is a major utility bill (gas, water, electric); lease of buyers agreement/contract
2022-2023 School Calendar
Lunch Visitor Sign-Up
10:45 Lunch Period: Classes: Armstrong, Baum, Costenbader, Hull, Johnson, Miller, Murdock, Saunders, Sellers, and Sunseri.
11:15 Lunch Period: Classes: D. Anderson, Bruno, Dalessandro, Edgar, Foley, Garza, Harrell, Hunsdale, Landry, Perry, Powell, and Reyna.
11:45 Lunch Period: Classes: Abbas, N. Anderson, Barnett, Brock, Bruce, Castillo, Cleaveland, Clifford, DePedro, Everett, Lamberti, Milo, Nettuno, Riggs, and Ross.
12:15 Lunch Period: Classes: Brown, Davies, Eschenburg, Kamal, Lenfant, Saldana, Samford, and Shaw.
Library Help - We continue to need help shelving books through the end of the year. If you have some availability, please check out the sign up!
Carline Help - We are in need of volunteers to assist with our morning Carline. Carline is from 7:30am - 8:00am and you can simply report to the front ramp and assist opening car doors for our students. No need to check in at the front office.
A Message from Bush Clinic
Please visit the CISD website, https://www.conroeisd.net/roadmap-to-reopening/, for the latest information about self reporting and return to school instructions.
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Bush Clinic Phone: (936) 709-1609
There are several art contests going on right now.
- Mrs. Beardsley is looking for the top 20 artworks 2D or 3D to submit to the Conroe ISD art contest. If a Bush art student wants to do that contest, please bring it to Mrs. Beardsley with a note with the child's name and teacher and "Interest in Conroe ISD art contest."
- The SHSU "Kindness Matters" art contest. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F9NYgoKwFt56PZ1xCJd3LAYKQJW7OF-1/view?usp=sharing
- Watch the link below and then submit the art to Mrs. Beardsley by April 13th. https://youtu.be/Y34ZA7Z9IjY
- Mental Health America - 6th Annual Youth Art Showcase with a theme of "Building our Future: My Fears and My Hopes". https://drive.google.com/file/d/1juD_ycvNfrSn_gL8tgI2ziNI5ADkZxk9/view?usp=sharing
Parenting in a Tech Obsessed World - April 13th
Please see information pictured below for an opportunity to hear Tessa Stuckey, who will speak on parenting topics including parenting with tech: smartphones, social media, and screen addiction. On April 13th at 6:30 p.m. in the Bock Auditorium, at McCullough JHS.
"SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!"
This is for students and parents/guardians to anonymously report safety concerns, harassment, bullying, or threats of hurting others or of self-harm. KidChat - 1-888-KidChat (543-2428) - This is monitored by the Conroe ISD Police Department twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Discounted Bonanza Wristbands on Sale Now at BushPTO.com
The Bobcat Bonanza is Bush’s spring fundraiser and community event. Wristbands are required for all guests 5 and above and are just $15 if you purchase them in advance or $20 at the door! Admission includes dinner, games, inflatables, silent auction, cotton candy and a grand ole time!
Mosey on over to bushpto.com to get your tickets today (or use the paper order form sent home this week).
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.