Middleton Elementary | March 10, 2023
March 6 - 10 | Food Drive
March 10 | Horseshoe Hop @ 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Middleton Cafeteria/Gym
March 13 | Teacher Work Day / No School
March 15 | Early Release @ 1:15 pm
March 22 | Early Release @ 1:15 pm
March 22| Talent Show Auditions @ 1:15
March 23 | Talent Show Auditions @ 2:15
March 24 | Furlough Day / No School
March 27 - 31 | Spring Break
April 3 | State Testing Begins
April 5 | Early Release @ 1:15 pm
April 6 | PAC Meeting @ 8:30 am
April 12 | Early Release @ 1:15 pm
April 14 | Talent Show (PreK-2nd Grade Assembly @ 9:00 am, 3rd-5th Grade Assembly @ 1:00, Evening Performance @ 6:00 pm
April 19 | Early Release @ 1:15 pm
April 26 | Early Release @ 1:15 pm
Middleton's Got Talent
Middleton's in person talent show is back!
- When: Friday April 14
- We will have three performances (two assemblies and one evening show for families)
- Auditions: Wednesday March 22 & Thursday March 23, directly after school for 30-60 minutes! (Parents will need to pick up after auditions)
- Applications will be available in classrooms or on the day of auditions.
- All types of acts are welcome! (Magic, Dance, Sing, Instruments, Skits, Poems, Martial Arts, Jokes, etc.)
- Prepare to show off your amazing talent within a 1-3 minute time frame.
- Please contact Farrah Burke, email@example.com, with questions.
2023-2024 PAC Volunteers
Are you interested in getting more involved at Middleton? Joining the Middleton PAC board is an excellent way to stay connected to the school and give back to our students, staff and community! We are looking for several volunteers to fill open seats for next year! If you are interested or would like more information, please join us at our PAC MEETING/OPEN HOUSE on Thursday March 9th at 6:00 pm in the Middleton Cafeteria. You can also email Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Positions Include:
President: Supervises and coordinates all PAC activities.
Secretary: Takes and distributes monthly meeting minutes.
Treasurer: Handles all money associated with PAC. Balances books, handles reimbursements, and taxes.
Activities: Finds coordinators for all activities throughout the year and follows up to ensure activities are completed.
Fundraising: Coordinates small fundraising efforts such as Fun Run apparel, apparel sales, dining out events, etc.
Hospitality: Coordinates Staff Appreciation as well as organizing catering and support for other activities throughout the school year.
Volunteers: Recruits and organizes volunteers for various activities throughout the school year in addition to managing all of the volunteers and activities via the Help Counter computer program.
Co-chairing is possible in all of the positions. PAC Board Meetings are held once a month and are very informal- feel free to arrive late or leave early. Younger siblings are always welcome to tag along, too!
Registration for our incoming Kindergarten class is available online using the link below. Incoming Kindergarten students must turn 5 prior to September 1. Registering early helps the school and district start planning for the fall.
Online Kindergarten Registration
During online registration, new families will create a Sherwood ParentVUE account. Parents of current and former Sherwood students will log in with their existing ParentVUE account. Please call the Middleton front office at 503-825-5300 if you have any questions.
Families are also welcome to register using paper registration. Paper registration packets can be picked up from the Middleton front office.
Welcome Kindergarten Newsletter
Character Trait of the Month: Courage
- Background checks are completed online: Background Check Forms. Background checks may take up to 10 days to process.
- Proof of vaccination are submitted to the Middleton front office in person or via email (email@example.com). This can be done on the first day of volunteering. Vaccination exception forms, if needed, can be found here: Medical Exception Request or Religious Exception Request. Completed exception forms are emailed to Steve Emmert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exceptions may take up to 14 days to process.
Community-Based Events and Announcements
Middleton Front Office: 503-825-5300
Previous Middleton Updates
Helpful Links for Incoming Kindergarten Families