Healthy Peanut Butter Recipies
By: Madi Magie
Healthy Eating Tips for kids Cartoon Short
Thai Peanut Burger
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 4 hamburger buns
- Thai hot sauce
- WHISK together peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, cilantro and cayenne pepper in large bowl until well blended. Add ground meat and mix well.
- FORM into 4 patties. Grill, broil or pan fry to desired doneness.
- SERVE on buns with Thai hot sauce and your choice of condiments.
Brunch Peanut Butter Muffins
- No stick cooking spray
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Peaunut Butter
Or Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with a no-stick cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- STIR together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine egg, milk and oil in small bowl. Add liquids to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter evenly among cups.
- COMBINE sugar, flour, peanut butter and salt in small bowl, mixing with fork until crumbly. Divide topping over muffins. Lightly stir into muffin with knife.
- BAKE 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan to rack to cool completely.
Apple Peanut Butter Sandwhich
- 1/2 cup Peaunut Butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 bread slices
- 2 apples, cored and cut in thin slices
- COMBINE peanut butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in crumbled bacon.
- SPREAD mixture over bread slices.
- TOP each open-faced sandwich with several apple slices.
Peaunut Butter Applesauce
- 3 pounds MacIntosh or other cooking apples (about 5 large), peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, for garnish
- COMBINE apples and water in 3-quart saucepan. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are fork tender.
- ADD honey, peanut butter and cinnamon. Mash with potato masher until desired consistency. Pour into serving bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Peantty Snack Mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups honey and nut breakfast cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- COMBINE butter, peanut butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 35 to 45 seconds, stirring until well blended.
- COMBINE cereal, mixed nuts and pretzels in large bowl. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture. Toss well to coat. Spread mixture evenly on foiled baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper, if desired. Toss. Store in resealable food storage bag.
Creamy Peanut Butter and Roaster Red pepper Macoroni
- PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE SAUCE
- No-stick cooking spray
- 2 (12 oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- 1/3 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (2 cups dry)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 1-1/2 quart oval casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray. Bring evaporated milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add peanut butter, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in red pepper and chives.
- COMBINE cheese sauce and cooked macaroni, stirring to coat. Place in prepared dish. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika in small bowl with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni mixture.
- BAKE 20 to 22 minutes or until bubbly and light golden brown. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Banana Nut Salad
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 bananas
- Lemon juice
- Mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- MIX together peanut butter, honey and mayonnaise in a small bowl, until well blended.
- PEEL and slice bananas. Dip into lemon juice. Blot excess lemon juice with paper towel. Divide lettuce and bananas on two plates. Dollop salads with dressing. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately.
Fruity Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, currants, raisins, chopped apricots, apples or peaches, or combination of dried fruit
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- BRING water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add oats and boil one minute. Reduce heat, stir in milk and dried fruit and simmer for two minutes.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in brown sugar, peanut butter and butter. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir and serve.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza
- 1 whole-wheat or multi-grain English muffin
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter spread and honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar strawberry preserves
- 8 banana slices
- Sugar free hot fudge topping
- Flaked or shredded coconut
- SPLIT and toast English muffin. Spread peanut spread on both sides of muffin. Spread or squeeze fruit spread over peanut butter.
- TOP with banana slices. Drizzle with warmed fudge topping to taste. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Or 1 cup Jif® Creamy Reduced Fat Peanut Butter Spread
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Apple and banana slices (or any fruit of your choice)
- COMBINE milk, sour cream, and pudding mix in medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- STIR together peanut spread and sugar until evenly mixed throughout. Combine with pudding mixture until well blended.
- SERVE with fresh fruit such as strawberries, sliced apples, bananas and peaches. Store in refrigerator. If dip becomes too thick, stir in additional milk.