Sunset Ridge Hawk Herald
August 5, 2022
Aug 8th: Softball and Baseball Tryouts.
Aug 12th: Early Release - Kindergarten at 1:50 pm and 1st-8th Grades at 2:00 pm
Aug 19th: Early Release - Kindergarten at 1:50 pm and 1st-8th Grades at 2:00 pm
Aug 22nd: Volunteer Training 6pm
Aug 24th: PTA meeting 6pm
Aug 26th: Early Release - Kindergarten at 1:50 pm and 1st-8th Grades at 2:00 pm
Sept 2nd: Early Release - Kindergarten at 1:50 pm and 1st-8th Grades at 2:00 pm
Sept 5th: No School - Labor Day
Professional Learning Communities (PLC's)
Most Fridays, students will be released early so that our teachers are able to participate in PLC work. This work is directly related to the planning, instruction and interventions we implement in classrooms to ensure that students master grade level standards.
Role of PLC
A professional learning community is a group of educators that meet regularly and work Collaboratively to improve teaching practices and the achievement of students. The questions that drive the work of PLC’s are:
● What do we want all students to know and be able to do?
● How will we know if they learn it?
● How will we respond if some students do not learn?
● How will we extend the learning for students who are already proficient?
PLC Teams are responsible for collaborating to establish general consistency among the following:
● Assignments, presentations, products, observations and assessments used to determine a student's level of performance in relation to grade-level standards.
● The method and schedule for additional learning opportunities.
● Due dates, deadlines, and procedures for reassessment.
● Create opportunities for common scoring of assessments.
The Device Protection Plan can be purchased two ways:
- By sending in a $25 check made out to DVUSD. Please note on the check Device Protect. and your child's name.
- Online through this website: https://url.dvusd.org/PaymentPortal To use this option you must log in for every individual student you're purchasing the plan for. K-3 students do not take devices home so they do not need the plan. The Username is your child's school ID it is their password for logging onto their Chromebook. You also need to use the last name the child has on file for the school (it's case sensitive). Then, click the Child's name, select Items at Your School, then Student Devices. Device Protection Plan pops up and then click Buy. Then check out through the cart. Again, this needs to be done for each individual student grades 4-8.
Online Credit Card Payments
Parents you now have the opportunity to pay for Field Trips, Club Fees, Library fines and more online with your credit card. You can simply go to the Sunset Ridge Website and click on the button that says online payment and tax credit donations. It will redirect you to a site where you can login with your student ID number and their last name as it is spelled on Powerschools.
Middle School Athletics
In order to be eligible to try out or join any sport on campus, ALL required documentation must be completed and UPLOADED on the "Register My Athlete" website. Access and directions to this website can be found on our Sunset Ridge website homepage by navigating to the "Activities" tab and then on to the "Athletics" link or by clicking here. Eligibility does require documentation of a physical examination. If a student shows up to tryouts prior to completing the required documents on RMA, including the physical and concussion course, they will not be eligible to tryout.
Any questions regarding this procedure can be directed to Elizabeth Fragoso at email@example.com . Thank you and we look forward to an amazing year ahead!
Drop Off/Pick Up Safety Guidelines
- All parent drop off/pick up on school grounds must take place in our drive through lane in the front of the school.
- AT NO TIME MAY YOU DROP YOUR CHILD OFF IN THE BACK PARKING LOT. THIS PARKING LOT IS FOR PRE SCHOOL AND BUS DROP OFF ONLY. PICKING UP IS ALSO NOT ALLOWED.
- If you child is unable to buckle themselves in and out of your vehicle, please park in the lot and walk to the front of the school with your child. Do not use the pick up lane if you plan to exit your vehicle to assist your child. We must keep the drop off/pick up lane moving at a quick pace.
- Please continue to be mindful of our lane assignments. Only Kindergarten families fill the middle lane between 3:20 pm and 3:30 pm. At 3:30 pm, 1st-8th Grade families are welcome to use the middle lane.
- To help us load students quickly, please ensure that your child can identify your vehicle and is aware of who is picking them up.
Meet Our New Staff Members
I worked at Sunset Ridge as a para for a year and a half and I also completed my student teaching at SSR. I am very excited to be a Hawk once again as I move into my second year of teaching. I do look like a student so it is only fitting that I will be teaching first graders next year as I am positive that I will be taller than them.
When I’m not teaching I love to embroider, obsess over my three dogs, and frequent coffee shops. I love to be outside- hiking, cycling, and hammocking.
I am a born and raised New Yorker who has called Arizona home for the last 6 years. I graduated from the teaching program at Grove City College in Pennsylvania with degrees in both general education and special education. I enjoy hiking, cuddling my fur-baby, and cooking food for my friends and family. I have worked in many areas of special education over the years including self-contained, resource, and special education leadership. I have taught many age groups over the years, spanning from preschool to 8th grade. I was beyond blessed to support Sunset Ridge for a portion of last school year and am overjoyed to have the opportunity to now call Sunset Ridge my home.
Preschool Peer Openings at Sunset Ridge for 22-23 School Year
Deer Valley Early Childhood Department provides inclusive preschool classrooms for children preparing for school at Sunset Ridge Elementary. In each classroom, there is a certified, highly qualified and trained Early Childhood Special Education Teacher and two highly qualified and trained Paraprofessionals. Sunset Ridge have two developmental preschools and each class has two sessions daily (morning 9:15-11:45AM or afternoon 1:00-3:30PM) 2.5 hours long, Monday through Thursday. We are looking for enrollment for 2022-2023 school year!
Staff provide each child with a unique educational experience by individualizing instruction for various learning styles and providing developmentally appropriate activities. Preschool Peers are an integral part of the classroom as children learn best from each other. Peers are wonderful role models for those children who demonstrate delays in areas of development and they also learn acceptance of those who function differently. Preschool Peers pay tuition each month to participate in the classroom. $175/monthly for 4 days a week $140/monthly for 3 days a week.
Our overall focus in the classroom is to provide an environment which: Introduces pre-academic skills, Assists children to develop responsibility and self-control, Encourages positive social interactions, Provides opportunities to develop fine and gross motor skills, Develops problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and decision making skills, Increases language skills, and Creates curiosity and a love of learning!
Please call (623)445-7833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information!