Distance Learning Academy 10th Gr.
PRE-ACT REMINDER- FEB 25TH
10th grade students and families
PreACT is a 10th-grade assessment that predicts student performance on the ACT test and offers career-interest information to help you and your student make informed decisions and plan for the future. The career interest information gained from the PreACT will guide you in determining whether taking the ACT the following year is the right assessment option for your student. The Pre-ACT lasts approximately three hours.
The ACT is a nation-wide college admissions test for four-year college admissions. The ACT is typically taken in the spring of the junior year. For more information on the ACT test please visit: ACT.org.
Those with further questions regarding the February 25 College and Career Readiness Day should contact their high school counselor.
START TIME - 9:00 AM
END TIME - 12:30 pm
Examinees may use any 4-function, scientific, or graphing calculator, as long as it is not on the prohibited list and it is modified (see below), if needed. Examinees are encouraged to use a familiar calculator, but all problems may be solved without a calculator. Calculators may only be used on the mathematics test.
The following types of calculators are prohibited:
Calculators with built-in or downloaded computer algebra system functionality, including:
- All model numbers that begin with TI-89 or TI-92
- TI-Nspire CAS
- Note: The TI-Nspire (non-CAS) is permitted
- HP Prime
- HP 48GII
- All model numbers that begin with HP 40G, HP 49G, or HP 50G
- fx-CP400 (ClassPad 400)
- ClassPad 300 or ClassPad 330
- Algebra fx 2.0
- All model numbers that begin with CFX-9970G
Other prohibited devices:
- Handheld, tablet, or laptop computers (including PDAs)
- Electronic writing pads or pen-input devices Note: The Sharp EL 9600 is permitted.
- Calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic communication devices
- Calculators with QWERTY format letter keys
WE WILL HAVE EXTRA CALCULATORS FOR STUDENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE THEM.
NOT PERMITTED DURING TEST
- CELL PHONES
- WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY (WATCHES, ETC)
Students that have these items will be asked to place them in a secure location during the test. Items will be returned after the test is completed.
Principal - Distance Learning Academy