The Modern Day Woman's Conference
*designed to educate, engage, and inspire
Friday, Feb. 8th 2013 at 6pm to Saturday, Feb. 9th 2013 at 3pm
The Modern Day Woman’s Conference, in its inaugural year, celebrates the advancement and self‐empowerment of young women, and hopes to encourage them to utilize their incredible education, resources and strengths to have an even greater effect on the world. The two‐day conference will gather women from various professional sectors to hear presentations and panels on topics ranging from women’s health and wellness, to career development and leadership. This conference will encourage young adult women to take a moment to connect with other women and build on these new found relationships. Women can accomplish so much when they put aside their fast‐paced roles in business or motherhood (or both) and make a decision to share, to listen, to learn and to celebrate what they all have to offer each other and the world.
Schedule of Events
6-8 p.m. Friday, February 8 at TBA
9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Saturday, February 9 at
- 8:00 – 8:45 a.m. Registration ALL Attendees
- 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. Empowerment Breakfast ALL Attendees
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Session 1 Concurrent Session
- 11:15 – 12:15 p.m. Session 2 Concurrent Session
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Power/Enrichment Luncheon ALL Attendees
- 1:45 – 2:45 p.m. Interactive Final Session ALL Attendees
- Breakfast – Networking – “The Art of Networking” OR “Maximizing Your Time” (1‐Minute
- Concurrent Sessions – 3 Tracks per session for a total of 6 sessions
- Luncheon – “Mentoring Across Generations”
- Closing Interactive Session – need something cool like a wine tasting
Young Women Philanthropists
Young Women Philanthropists is an initiative of the Women’s Foundation for a Greater
The Women's Foundation for a Greater Memphis (WFGM) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit grant‐making organization.
Fostered by an initial gift from local philanthropist Mertie Buckman, WFGM was established in 1995 to encourage philanthropy and foster leadership among women and to support programs that enable women and children to reach their full potential.