CRUSADER NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE....
January 11, 2018
This Week's Recap....
As a reminder, next Thursday is the last day of the 2nd quarter. There is early release on Thursday. PK, K4 and K4 are released at 11:30. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade are released at 11:45. 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade are released at Noon. OOS is available but if you do not want for your student to go to OOS, please be on time for pickup. Students may not wait outside after their dismissal period is over.
On Friday, there is a full teacher's work day as teachers will be finalizing grades and comments to be ready for report card night. Students in PK2 through 5th grade may sign up for OOS via the link provided in this newsletter. This was also sent to you earlier this week via email. The deadline to register is Tuesday, January. 15th. If your child is in full-time OOS, there is no charge. If your child is not, there is a fee.
Monday, January 21st is a legal holiday commemorating the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. There is no school or OOS.
The students will take the 2nd session of the NWEA MAP test beginning next week. This is not a test that your student can study for but there are things that you can do to help your child do his/her best.
1. Help your children understand that it is IMPORTANT that they try their hardest and do their best. We do take these test scores into considering along with grades and teacher observations when making decisions about summer school and retention.
2. Help your children understand that it is IMPORTANT to slow down and take their time. This is an untimed test. While each section of the test typically takes about 60-90 minutes to complete depending on grade level, students can have as much time as they like. They can even finish it on another day if time runs out. There is no prize for finishing quickly. We are able to monitor the students as they test and it usually is the stronger students who take longer to finish the test, while struggling students rush through it to get over it.
3. Get enough rest. Get your kids off their phones or other electronic devices and into bed at night
4. Please do not miss school or come in late unnecessarily.
Background check authorization
LOST AND FOUND
Can you agree that this is out of control?
It is Friday. This has been sitting outside where everyone can see it since Monday. It has not really gone down at all.
Please understand that if your child's jacket ends up in the lost and found and there is NO NAME in it, anyone can really claim it.
What's Coming Up?
Thursday, January 17: End of 2nd Grading Period
Friday, January 18: Teacher's Planning Day, No School, OOS available
Monday, January 21: MLK Birthday day, No School or OOS
Tuesday, January 22: Report Card Night ALL GRADES 4:00-6:30 PM in the auditorium.
Wednesday, January 23: 1st-3rd spelling bee 9AM
Friday, January 25: All School Chapel and Awards
Thursday, January 31: School picture make up day (for those students who were absent).
Friday, February 1: 100th day of school
Friday, February 1: 4th-8th Grade Dance (tentative if there are enough paid tickets)
Monday, February 4th: 6th thru 8th Grade Spelling Bee
Tuesday, February 5: PTL meeting and social hour 6PM
Saturday, February 9: Holy Cross Youth Group Rummage Sale 8AM-2PM. You can come and shop or you can purchase a table and see your own items. The cost for a table is $25. See Mrs. Noel if interested.
HOLY CROSS GALA FUNDRAISER
This year, all proceeds of the Gala will benefit all of the children because it is going into our NEW BUS FUND!! I'm sure that we can all agree that we need a new bus.
We need for all of our school family to support this and do their part to help. Here is how you can help:
1. COME TO THE EVENT! There is a link included to the digital EVITE for this event. The cost is $100 per ticket. There are 12 seats at each table so get together your group of friends and family. You will enjoy a lovely meal, cash bar, music and dancing, silent auction, raffle and 50-50. This is for YOUR children and we need our parents to support this and have a great time.
2. Each class is responsible for a themed basket for the SILENT AUCTION. Teachers will be reaching out to you for donations of money or materials for the basket. Please do your part.
3. If you have a business or know someone who does, donate an item or a service for the silent auction or raffle. The skies the limit to what can be auctioned off including gift certificates for services and restaurants, household, beauty and jewelry items, etc.
4. Sponsor a teacher to be able to attend the Gala at no cost. You don't have to pay for the entire ticket, but if you would like to help your child's teacher attend, make a donation of any amount and indicate who you would like the credit to be for.
5. If you have a business or organization or work for a business or organization, you can either purchase a table or sponsor a table. Your company will be featured in our professionally printed program and will be prominently displayed on the table. All donations are tax deductible. We also are looking for an organization to sponsor our Happy Hour.
Join our church family or just come and worship!
Worship is 10:30AM every Sunday. We have an education hour for all ages from 9:15AM to 10:15AM which includes Sunday school for younger children and bible study for older Youth and Adults.
January Lunch Menu
Appropriate verbal interactions with children are so important!
How to Contact Us:
650 NE 135th St.
North Miami, Fl. 33161
School 305 893 0851
Church 305 893 0371
Sherri Mackey email@example.com
Marluys Sejba firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalia Escobar email@example.com
Soraya Trujillo firstname.lastname@example.org
Roslyn Noel email@example.com
Lisette Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie Innocent email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook: