Moby Max 101
Information on how to utilize MobyMax with your students
What Will We Do Today?
2)Take a quick Kahoot poll
3)Login as a student to take a brief pretest
4)Login as a teacher to view data
5)Discuss briefly the features of each icon
5)Adjust curriculum settings for your class, add & hide features and create an assignment
6)Locate and or print parent letters and login cards
7)Questions? Revist Kahoot question
What is MobyMax?
Ojectives & Standards
Goals: In this session you will explore the different features of Moby Max. Moby Max is not only a Math tool, but also includes Language, Reading, Vocabulary, and Writing. Moby Max will identify curriculum gaps and provides prescriptive activities and lessons. Learn to post messages to your students, give rewards, take polls, print off worksheets, create contests among students or other classes, and find out how much time each student spent on certain skills.
TEAM Rubric: Standards and Objectives, Assessment, Presenting Instructional
Content, Academic Feedback, Group Students, Student Work
CCSS: ALL CCSS standards can be addressed with MobyMax
NETS: 6. Technology Operations and Concepts
a. Understand and use technology systems
b. Select and use applications effectively
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students
who have demonstrated proficiency?
Why Use MobyMax??
In Math and Language, students increased an average of 1.5 grade levels with just 40 hours of practice! Moby Vocabulary is an innovative and effective system available for learning new words. Every subject in Moby's curriculum will help your students increase their learning velocity.
Complete, Integrated, Common Core
MobyMax is a completely integrated curriculum and teacher productivity system. All subjects and student data work seamlessly together. MobyMax is built from and aligns directly to Common Core Standards. It is easy for you to pinpoint which skills your students have not mastered as well as a way to remediate those skills.
With the help of diagnostic placement tests, MobyMax is able to create a unique curriculum for each student. Moby targets areas where students are struggling and doesn't waste time reteaching concepts that students have already mastered. Student data is continually updated as students progress, so you know exactly how each student is performing on all standards in the common core.
Complete, Integrated, Common Core
Click here for more reason why YOU should use MobyMax with your students.
What Else Can Moby Max Do?
- Teachers can motivate their students by setting up contests to promote MobyMax usage.
- Teachers can communicate with parents by sending home the parent letter in which the parent can log in and see their child's progress as well as any communication with the teacher.
- Teachers can use MobyMax as a classroom management tool by assigning good or bad vibes in which the parents can also see.
- Teachers can assign lessons based on what they are currently working on in class to reinforce student mastery.
- Teachers can make student groups and assign different leveled group different assignments.
- Standards based vs. skill based sorting option can help teachers meet the needs of RTI groups.
- Teachers can track data on individual students and use that data for parent/teacher conference, RTI meetings, PLC meetings, or IEP meetings.
- Teachers can track their class data to determine if reteaching is necessary.