April 14, 2022
Important Upcoming Events
- Friday, April 15th - Good Friday - No School
- Tuesday, April 19th - ILEARN Testing Begins (see testing schedule below)
- Wednesday, April 27th - KONA Ice for purchase
- Wednesday, May 11th - KONA Ice for purchase
- Wednesday, May 11th - NJHS Induction Ceremony - 5:30PM
- Thursday, May 19th - Awards Night - 5:30PM
- Friday, May 20th - 8th Grade Celebration - 3PM - 5PM
- Tuesday, May 24th - KONA Ice for purchase
- Friday, May 27th - Career Day
- Monday, May 30th - Memorial Day - No School
- Thursday, June 2nd - Last Day of School
For other information dates, please visit our website at https://taft.cps.k12.in.us/parents-students/calendar-menus
All students will report to their Advisory class on Tuesday, April 19th for testing. Students will need to bring a fully charged Chromebook, wired earbuds (Bluetooth earbuds will not work) and a pencil.
The Guidance & Counseling Team would like to invite parents or someone you know to consider being a featured presenter for Taft’s Career Day on Friday, May 27th from 12:00-2:25 p.m. We are hoping to have a variety of careers represented, so please help spread the word and share the attached links.
Summer Learning Opportunities
Recommendations for summer school will be coming out in the next couple of weeks. Summer school will be:
- June 13th - June 30th
- Monday - Thursday
- 7:40AM - 10:30AM
- Bus transportation will be available to students outside of the walk zone
Please reach out to Kyle Hanaway (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Current 8th Graders:
Summer School will be offered to CPHS students beginning Monday, June 13, 2022 and continue for 5 weeks through Friday, July 15, 2022. Online courses, however, will begin on Monday, June 6, 2022 in order to allow a full six weeks for course completion.
For more information and how to register please visit https://cphs.cps.k12.in.us/guidance/summer-school
Physicals for Current 8th Graders
All incoming freshmen must have a general physical before the 2022-2023 school year begins. Below is the General Physical Form. Students participating in Summer PE must have their physical completed and ready to turn in on the first day of Summer PE, Monday, June 13. Students who plan on participating in sports at CPHS will need to complete a different physical, which can be accessed through https://crownpoint-in.finalforms.com/. Potential athletes must register with “Final Forms,” where the physical form can be downloaded as well. Potential athletes who turn in this form do not need to complete the general physical form.
From the PTO
We are looking for 8th grade parents to help out with the 8th grade celebration on May 20th. The event takes place after school from 3PM -5PM.
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUZZ Verification Process
Parent Buzz verification video: https://youtu.be/cxYpCyHD3Dw?t=7
21st Century Scholar Information
Attention 7th and 8th grade families: It’s never too early to start planning for college. The 21st Century Scholars Program allows income eligible Indiana students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school. In order to be considered, applications must be completed by June 30th of the student’s 8th grade year. For more information, check out Scholars.IN. gov –or- visit the Taft website under “Links and Resources”. You can also view a short video using the following link: https://youtu.be/AqtLkTX_-ww .
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Guidance and Counseling Department.
Clubs - Meeting Dates and Times
Please click to view the clubs that are offered for the 2021-2022 school year.
From the Nurse
- Keep your student home if they are not feeling well.
- Close contacts for COVID must monitor symptoms daily. Please notify us of any COVID related illness or close contacts in your household.
- Please contact our office with any questions related to when to keep your student home from school due to illness.
You can continue to find the latest updates regarding COVID policies, district data, and frequently asked questions on our corporation website https://www.cps.k12.in.us/about/covid-19-information
Please click to preview our lunch menu for the 21.22 school year. Supply chain issues have affected what's available for lunches and sometimes menus have to change at the last minute