Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - January 21, 2021
Dear Blue Hills Families,
- If your student is struggling, please reach out to the teacher and/or the guidance counselor. Students who are failing classes and/or require additional supports are being prioritized for in-person academic help.
- Meals for remote learners are available. For information and to request meals, click here. There is no cost for this service.
- PSATs will be administered to juniors who have pre-registered on Tuesday, January 26th. Juniors who are participating will be in-person on that day, but will only take the PSAT. They will be dismissed once the testing session is complete. Juniors needing to ride the bus will be allowed to take the 2:20 bus home. Questions? Contact your guidance counselor.
- If your student is fully remote, and you wish for them to return to the hybrid model, the deadline to notify Mr. Zini and Ms. Fama is January 27, 2021. Please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to look at the updated Booster Club information below.
- If your child is struggling with vaping or nicotine, please look at the Caron Education Program linked below for information on a free cessation group.
End of Term!
Upcoming Schedule - IN-PERSON Days
Free Virtual Adolescent Nicotine Cessation Program
BH Booster Club can be found on facebook for general information. You can find more detailed information through the school website by clicking on the Student/Parents tab then click on the Booster Club.
The Booster Club meets via zoom on the 4th Wednesday of each month. The calendar will provide information on store hours, meeting notes, times, and link to zoom, and upcoming events. If you should have any further questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
Upcoming Event: Friday February 12th at 7pm: "The love of Boosters Basket Raffles"
More information can be found on our facebook and on the school website under the Parents/Student tab then click on Booster Club
Topic: BHR Booster Full Membership Meeting
Time: Jan 27, 2021 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 890 2550 6293
Covid-19 & Flu Information - From Nurse Gainey
Massachusetts has called off the flu shot requirement for this academic year, but it is still recommended that students receive a flu shot.
Please email a copy of vaccine record to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
*DAILY SYMPTOM CHECK
EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS CAN HAPPEN
What you do next will help control the spread of the infection:
TESTING, TRACING, ISOLATION, COMMUNICATION
- If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms please stay home and get tested.
- If someone in your home tests positive you must quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you become symptomatic.
- If you are informed that you are a close contact (within less than or equal to 6 feet for 10 to 15 minutes over 24 hours with or without mask or if someone coughed or sneezed directly in your unmasked face) you MUST quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if symptomatic.
- If a family member is identified as a close contact, and you are NOT symptomatic, you are expected to come to school. If that family member tested positive you would then be considered a close contact and be required to quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you became symptomatic.
- If you return from out of state travel, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.
- Please notify the school email@example.com asap or call Mrs. Gainey RN @ 781-828-5800 X 2230 or Mrs. Pica @ X 2250 in Student Affairs if you are absent or to report a COVID-19 concern.
All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through the end of this school year.
Students that are learning at home are eligible for meal pickup - please click on the link below to place orders and learn more:
IT Support & Remote Learning
What remote schedule am I following???
Vocational "Remote" Days - these all look the same! If you are on a vocational week and are remote, simply follow your shop's instructions for the synchronous meeting times (8:30 and 1:30, usually) and work independently or as needed during the day. Failure to attend both synchronous sessions will lead to the student being marked as "absent" and potentially receiving no credit for the day.
Academic "Remote" Days -
- "Blue Days" - Mostly on Mondays and Thursdays. Refer to the released schedule to make sure you have the right day. On these days, you'll meet "live" with periods 1-4. The rest of your day is extra help and independent work.
- "Green Days" - Mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays - Refer to the released schedule to make sure you have the right day. On these days, you'll meet "live" with periods 5-8. The rest of your day is extra help and independent work.
- "Wednesdays" - On Wednesdays, follow the Wednesday schedule! You'll meet with all of your academic classes throughout the day. HINT: We may occassionally use this schedule on other days, or schedule Wednesday to be in-person.
For both vocational and academic "remote" days: Please remember that school runs from 7:48 to 2:20. At any time in this period of time, you can be asked to meet with a teacher, attend a session, or do extra help/support activities. If class begins at 8:30 or 9:00, you may very well have things to do and prepare for prior to the start time. Be diligent in checking your email and google classroom. Getting an education is your "job" right now, and is the best investment you can make at this stage of life!
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.