* When purchasing Strawberries look for the stem cap which should still be attached.
* Strawberries should also have a rich red color.
* should be dry
* should not be bunched up on one another
* sealed tightly
Forms in which Strawberries can be Purchased
* Fresh - 1 Cup
* Frozen - 1 Cup
* Jam - 1/8 Cup
Nutrients found in Strawberries
* Vitamin C
* Dietary Fiber
How those Nutrients help the body
* Vitamin C - helps the Immune System, and helps Cardiovascular Disease
* Dietary Fiber - Normalizes bowel movements, Helps maintain bowel health, and help lower cholesterol levels.
* Potassium - Helps the heart beat, helps with the movement of muscles, and Helps filter blood.
* Magnesium - Prevents constipation
* Wash right before they will be used ( NOT BEFORE )
* Wash in chill water ( LEAVE ON THE STEM )
* Pat the Strawberries dry
* Then remove the Stem
- Note that if the stem is removed Before washing the Strawberries will absorb liquid and the quality of the strawberry will degrade.
2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1. In a food processor or blender, place 1 cup of the strawberries. Cover and process or blend till finely chopped.
2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in chopped strawberries and the water. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly; remove from heat and cool.
3. Prepare pudding mix as directed on package using 1 1/2 cups milk. Stir pineapple into warm pudding and pour into pastry shell. Halve remaining strawberries and arrange over the filling in 2 to 3 rows around the outer edge of the pie. Top pie with strawberry mixture. Loosely cover and chill 3 hours or till firm. Top each serving with whipped cream and toasted coconut. Makes 8 servings.