Southside Elementary News
Week of 5/2/2022
From Mrs. Morrow and Mrs. Fureigh
Earning ACT Aspire Celebration - 3rd and 4th grades
*Being respectful to others during the test
*Trying their best
*Using their time wisely
*Remaining quiet during the test
*Checking over work
*Using scratch paper
*Coming EVERY DAY and being ON TIME
Please remind your 3rd and 4th grade students that this is a privilege that must be earned by their efforts. Let's ROCK the ACT Aspire, Southside students!
***On May 9th, our ACT Aspire award will consist of bounce houses from PTO and a delicious snack from the office.
TESTING REMINDERS - 3rd and 4th Grade ACT Aspire
* Make sure they get plenty of rest each night.
*Make sure to get to school on time, as students will not be permitted to their classroom after testing has begun.
* Have them eat a good breakfast before school or please get them to school in plenty of time to eat breakfast there.
* Charge Chromebooks every night in preparation for the next morning.
* Please send Chromebook chargers to school EVERY DAY
* Smartwatches and cellphones will be kept in backpacks out in the hall during testing.
ACT ASPIRE Testing Schedule - 3rd and 4th grade only
Tuesday - Reading
Wednesday - Math
Thursday - Science
Friday - Writing and English
Teacher Appreciation Week - May 2-6
Parents can now join us for lunch!
*Students can not have friends join them at lunch - the student can eat with their parent, but no friends can come.
*Parents are allowed to bring lunch in from a restaurant or home for their child.
*You will have to be checked in at the office before you are able to go to lunch. Please have your driver's license with you in case we need to put it into our system. You will have to wear a name badge that is printed from the office in order to eat in the cafeteria.
*You will need to wait in the office area until your child's class comes to the cafeteria for lunch.
*There will be a specific area in the cafeteria designated for parents and their kids - tables have been marked for parents.
*We ask that you do not visit classrooms while you are here to eat lunch with your child. We like to keep disruptions to a minimum while the learning is at a maximum.
Talent Show Opportunity
This is optional.
Mrs. Clark will have a stage area set up in her classroom to perform. Talent will be limited to 2 minutes. Examples might include: Singing, Dancing, Jokes, Gymnastics, etc. There can be small groups only within the same class. If music is needed, you will need to provide a CD or mp3 to Stephanie.Clark@cps.k12.ar.us for your child to perform with.
Mrs. Clark will record each participant and post on Class Story only. We will not have visitors present for this talent show. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Clark.
4th GRADE PARENTS
Final PAW Pride - May 13th
Let's Show Some Appreciation!
School Lunch Hero Day - May 6
Lexia Levels by Grade Chart
If your child has a change in transportation at any time, please notify the office. Please do not only let your child's teacher know about this change. The office communicates and keeps track of these changes, so it is very important that they are aware. Thank you for your help with this!
- Cabot Public Schools has taken measures to ensure that district issued Chromebooks are safe to use.
- The Chromebooks you received from the district are controlled by the Cabot Public Schools network.
- Once a student logs into the device, the district can track how it is being used, where it is located, and control what is being downloaded.
- GoGuardian has been installed on each Chromebook. This application restricts access to things on the internet that are inappropriate. Students will only be able to install approved software on their Chromebook. However, no filter will catch everything.
- Please continue to monitor your child's use with a Chromebook.
Monthly Birthday Celebration
Our day of celebration for May birthdays will be held on:
Friday, May 13th
We will not be celebrating with treats on any other day of the month. We have very strict guidelines that allot only a certain amount of days to be able to have treats throughout the year. If you choose to send treats, please reach out to your child's teacher to discuss types of snacks to bring. Please drop treats off in the office and someone will take them down to the classroom. Parents will not be able to celebrate in the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation!
Important Upcoming Dates:
2-6: Teacher Appreciation Week
6: School Lunch Hero Day!
3-6: ACT Aspire for 3rd and 4th Grades
6: School Lunch Hero Day
9: ACT Aspire Award from PTO - Bounce Houses!
11: School Nurse Day
12: 4H for 4th Grade
13: May classroom birthday celebrations
13: FINAL PAW Pride
18: National Speech Pathologist Day
20: 4th Grade Survivor Day
20: National Music Day
20: Cabot High School Graduation
20: 2:00 Dismissal
23: Kindergarten Graduation
26: Last Day of School