Functional Behavior Analysis
Functional Behavior Analysis (FBA)
Who- All students
Name: Last Name (space) First Initial (space) FBA (space) school year
EX: House A FBA 2014-2015
How To/Helpful Hints-
· To start a new FBA and BIP select editable FBA or editable BIP and then save using the above file name.
· Beneficial information can be found in students prior FBA/BIP, on intake information, IEPs and BIPs.
· Utilize information from therapist, TES, teachers, and others that work with the student to determine information needed.
· Student Profile
o What can the student do? What are their strengths?
· Description of the Antecedent
§ What time do you see this
§ What activity does this take place during
o Specific Problem Behavior
§ What behavior does the student exhibit
§ What is the likelihood that this will happen during this time
o With whom does the Problem Occur
§ Teachers, peers, other staff, self, etc.
o Fill out for each behavior
o Summarize Antecedent
§ What can cause the behavior
· Select all that apply
o When is the problem behavior LEAST likely to occur?
§ What time, what situation, what surroundings etc.
o Setting Events
§ Are there conditions that may contribute to the behavior?
· Select all that apply
o Description of the Behavior?
§ What does the problem behavior look like
· What do you observe
· What can be observed by others
· How quick do the escalate
§ How often does the problem behavior occur
· Once a day, multiple times per day, once a week, etc
§ How disruptive or dangerous is the problem behavior to the individual student
· What behavior are a danger to the student, what do they look like, how do they affect the student?
§ How disruptive or dangerous is the problem behavior to the instructional environment?
· What do the behaviors look like? How do they affect other? How much does this affect other students?
o Summarize Consequences
§ What usually happens immediately after the behaviors?
· What are the reactions of the peers, staff, etc?
· What happens to the student
· Is there a power struggle
· Do they get out of work
o Develop a observable and measurable problem statement
§ Include setting, antecedent, behavior and consequences
· See example on attached FBA
o Develop a hypothesis about why the behavior is occurring?
§ Check all boxes that apply to the students behavior
§ Using this information develop a hypothesis of why the behaviors occur