Teaching is my Superpower!
To Infinity and Beyond with Technology!
- Nearpod and Class Kick to deliver lessons, formative assessments and opportunities for peer tutoring (large or small group)
- Kahoot and Plickers to turn any lesson or review into a fun and competitive game
- Video apps to enrich and stretch learning, like student-made video tutorials
- Whiteboard apps like Show Me and Explain Everything to teach whole group, small group or a flipped classroom lesson
- Memes to generate interest or just hook them into math
- Bloomz and Volunteer Spot to connect and communicate with parents
- Websites like Matific, Quizlet and Code.org to expose students to a variety of exciting ways to learn math concepts
- Google Forms to document RTI sessions and groupings
Able to Flip a Classroom in a Single Bound!
It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a...GO PRO!!!
My Most Recent Superhero Trainings
My team participating in the 1st Annual Chili Cook Off!
My MTM and CAMT Experiences
I applied to be an MTM (Math Teacher Mentor) last spring as part of the Texas Regional Collaborative through Region 17. I have become a better math teacher as a result of the 100+ hours of training and collaboration with other teachers from all over the region. I also had the opportunity to attend CAMT (Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teaching) in June; I was like a kid in a candy store with all of the math breakout sessions taught by my math heroes!