Winter Wonderland Party
Pizza Palace is the Right Food to get
Number of People | Total amount of money
No unit of measure | Dollars
x | y
0 | 50
75 | 650
150 | 1,250
225 | 1,850
300 | 2,450
1. The first thing I did to solve the table was set up my independent variables section. Then I multiplied all those numbers by 8 and then added 50. That gave me my answer.
2. No there won’t be a point where both companies can have the same amount of students and cost the same. There is different rate of changes and y- intercepts so there can never be the same amount of students and the same cost.
3. They really don’t compare to each other, the steps you must use in question two must be used in the order of operations.
4. 118 people can come to the party and get Pizza Palace. You can't have a decimal in your answer because you can't have a fraction of a person.
Classic Spin Should Supply Our DJ
The Table Part 2
Number of Hours Rented| Total Amount of Money
Question Answers Part 2
1. I would put in my independent variable and then put it in to the equation to solve for each row of the table.
2. There is no way there could be the same amount of hours rented and the same cost for both companies. Since they both have different rate of changes and y-intercepts, no amount of hours could cost the same.
3. They don’t really compare, the steps you would’ve needed to follow would have to go in order of operations.
4. You could have a maximum of 10 hours of a DJ with a budget of $1,000. You can’t have a decimal as part of your answer because you can only pay by the hour.