Volunteer Month at LSRO
Operation Christmas Child
Christmas Shoe Boxes for Children Around the World!
Grade Level Assignments
- Kindergarten: Ages 2-4 Girls
- First Grade: Ages 2-4 Boys
- Second Grade: Ages 5-9 Girls
- Third Grade: Ages 5-9 Boys
- Fourth Grade: Christmas Wrapping Paper and Scotch Tape
- Fifth Grade: Ages 10-14 Girls
- Sixth Grade: Ages 10-14 Boys
Ideas for Small Gift Donations
All items must be able to fit inside a shoe box!Ideas for donations:
- WOW Items: Stuffed Animals, Dolls, Small Musical Instruments
- Personal Care Items: combs, hairbrushes, toothbrushes, washcloths, deodorant, lip balm
- School Supplies: pencils, crayons, markers, small notebooks, rulers, tape
- Clothing and Accessories: Shirts, pants, underwear, socks, hats, scarves, mittens
- Toys: plastic dinosaurs, tennis balls, small toy cars, yo-yo's
Please do not donate the following types of items:
Candy; toothpaste; gum; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
On Monday, November 11, we will gather at LSRO (Staff, Parents, students---families) to put our shoe boxes together and prepare them for delivery to one of the Operation Christmas Child drop off locations. Please plan to join us from 3:45-5:00. on this very special day! We hope to see you there!