NoFear Coding: Calling K-5 Teachers
Embed Computational Thinking Across the Elem. Curriculum
Coding and computational thinking are among the skills that will serve students well in the future.
Coding goes beyond websites and software – it’s an essential component in finding solutions to everyday problems. Computational thinking has many applications beyond the computer lab or math class – it teaches reasoning, creativity and expression, and is an innovative way to demonstrate content knowledge and see mathematical processes in action. No-Fear Coding shows K-5 educators how to bring coding into their curriculum by embedding computational thinking skills into activities for every content area. At the same time, embedding these skills helps students prepare for coding in the middle grades as they build their knowledge.
Learn Coding alongside your colleagues in a fun, engaging way!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Have confidence in their own introductory coding skills
- Experiment with classroom-tested lessons and activities designed for skills progression
- Take away ready-to-implement coding exercises that can be incorporated across the curriculum, (including FREE Book - No Fear Coding)
- Understand how to align lessons to ISTE and Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) standards.
- Experience case studies and explorations of technology tools and resources to teach coding including Bee Bots, Code.org and Scratch