Cheer for the Graduates!
Class of 2020 Drive-Up Graduation Ceremony on June 20th!
Dear Students and Parents -
We are ready and looking forward to seeing you next weekend. You can find the program details below.
Students are allowed to have two vehicles with guests to cheer them on as they graduate.
In an effort to accommodate those who are unable to attend the HS Ingenuity Drive-Up Graduation Ceremony for the Class of 2020, our technology department will be broadcasting the event on YouTube.
Drive-Up Graduation Ceremony Details
Location: Harmony School of Ingenuity - Rear Parking Lot
10555 Stella Link Dr, Houston TX 77025
The graduation broadcast can be viewed live on YouTube at the following URL:
Things to do before Saturday:
- Complete the Drive-Up Graduation Ceremony Acknowledgement Form (online)
- Review the ceremony route below (map and instructions)
- Pick-up your graduation cap & gown from the Ingenuity Front Office
- Obtain a face mask (only the student is required to have one...if you do not have one, we will provide a face mask)
- Decorate your car (encouraged, optional)
- 6:30pm-7:30pm: students whose last name begins with A-J
- 7:30pm-8:30pm: students whose last name begins with K-Z
You do not need to arrive promptly at 6:30pm, as this is a drive-up ceremony rather than a graduation parade. The graduates will be celebrated individually so feel free to show up at any time during the one-hour time window.
The one-hour time windows are recommended and not a requirement. If your schedule prevents you from arriving during the first hour...absolutely feel free to arrive during the 2nd hour!
Similarly, if your name is K-Z but your personal/work schedule needs interfere with the 2nd hour, feel free to arrive during the 1st hour.
Drive-Up Graduation Route
- Please enter the Ingenuity campus and follow the morning drop-off route to the rear parking lot. Please remember to drive slowly, stay in single-file line, and remain in the car at all times (except for the photobooth area).
- First stop - the Check-in Station. The graduate's name will be written at the top of the windshield, a face mask will be provided if needed, and we will provide brief instructions. If you have not completed the online acknowledgement form, we will provide a paper copy to sign.
- Next stop - Graduation Cords (endorsements, honor students, etc).
- Graduation Stage. Please stop the vehicle so that the graduate may exit the vehicle (other guests please remain in the vehicle). The graduate will step onto the stage to receive their diploma cover and pose for a photo (no handshakes).
- Pick-Up Stations: the graduate will walk to the next two stations to receive their Diploma+Transcript and Class of 2020 Gift Package. Guest vehicles please drive slowly to the end of the row of stations so that the graduates behind you may continue the proceedings.
- Photobooth. This is an optional area where graduates and their guests may take photos in front of a decorated backdrop. Please note that masks are not required in this area and while we will disinfect between guests, guests understand that they are assuming any risk of COVID-19 exposure. Faculty will not be able to hold the phone/camera to take photos. Please be considerate of others who want to use the photobooth area and keep the number of photos to a reasonable amount.
- If you do not want to use the photobooth area, please drive slowly around the parked vehicles to exit the parking lot.