CVE Friday Flash
September 8, 2023
Mr. Macken's Message
Are you starting to find red or white tickets in your kid’s pockets? This is a great thing that you can celebrate and discuss at home!
As part of our school-wide PBIS program, we have been teaching our four consistent behavior expectations of being Respectful, Responsible, showing Readiness, and making Right Choices in our school this past week. PBIS is a research-based, school-wide approach to discipline and a process for creating a safe and more effective school. Research shows that having school-wide consistent expectations increases classroom and school climate, decreases reactive management, and maximizes student achievement. When students exhibit the 4 Rs at Centerville Elementary, staff acknowledge them with a Cougar Ticket for weekly drawings for prizes.
If you are wondering how you can support our PBIS program, we suggest two things. First, check out our PBIS Brochure. Secondly, take some time to become familiar with Centerville’s Expectations Matrix, review it with your child, and finally ask your child if they have received any Cougar Tickets and why? It is a great way to connect the school with home, and it provides another opportunity to recognize the positive things they are doing at school.
On behalf of the staff, thank you for supporting positive behavior at Centerville Elementary and partnering with us this year.
Dates to Remember
- Sept 11: 4th Grade PIN 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Sept 12: 2nd Grade PIN 5:30 -6:30 PM
- Sept 14: 5th Grade PIN 6:00 - 6:30 PM
- Sept 19: CPTA Meeting
- Sept 22: Picture Day
- Oct 9: No School for Students / Teacher Workshop Day
The 2023-24 Centerville Elementary Calendar is on our school’s website at https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the Parent Hub. Here you will also find the 2023-2024 District Student Calendar and the 2023-2024 Elementary Student Letter Day Calendar.
Volunteer Spotlight: Raeanne Miller
Why did you decide to Volunteer? I love helping out however I can.
What is your favorite part about volunteering? I like seeing the kids interacting throughout the day!
Looking for a ways to Volunteer?
- Interested in volunteering in a classroom, library, or with one of our wonderful events throughout the year?
- Complete the below survey and we will reach out with opportunities throughout the year.
- Opportunities vary in time commitment and can be weekly, monthly, as needed/available basis.
- Volunteer Survey
Parent Drop Off / Pick Up Process
- Ensure you have filled out the Parent Authorization Form - This will create your window signs and identify who is able to pick up your student(s) after school.
- Watch this Parent Pick-Up / Drop-Off Video - Watch this video with your students and share it with anyone who has permission to pick students up after school so they are aware of the process.
- Review the Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up Map to better understand the route to enter and exit the campus.
Will your child(ren) be absent, arrive late (after 9:17 am), or leave early from school (prior to 3:40 p.m.)?
- Use the attendance form - it is a one-stop shop to share any attendance changes with us! No need to notify teachers...this form will notify both the office & teaching staff!
- The attendance form is on our website page on the parent hub. Check it out HERE!
Know your child(ren) will be gone? Submit now!
Classroom and Field Trip Money
- All contributions for classroom and field trips are made online in the parent portal. Sorry, but no cash or checks are accepted.
- Follow THESE easy directions to make a contribution to either your student's classroom for fun activities throughout the year or field trips that classes will take.
- More information on classroom money and field trips will be shared by teachers during Parent Information nights.
School Breakfast / Lunch
Changes / Reminders from Food Service:
- Student’s first breakfast and lunch will be free for all students in the 2023-24 school year.
- Milk Only, additional meals, or ala carte items will have the below costs associated with them.
- Students are not allowed to carry a negative balance in their Food Service account. Money can be placed in accounts in parent portal for Milk Only, additional meals or ala carte items.
- 1st Breakfast (Free)
- 2nd Breakfast ($2.25)
- 2nd Breakfast Entree Only ($1.25)
- 1st Lunch (Free)
- 2nd Lunch ($4.95)
- 2nd Lunch Entree Only ($2.75)
- Only Milk or Additional Milk ($.60)
Menus can be found on the Parent Hub of our Centerville Elementary website page HERE
Buy Your Yearbook Now!
Get an early bird discount using this link now! You don’t want to miss out on this special opportunity!
CALLING ALL PARENTS!
- We are looking for the first day of school pictures of students! These pictures can be by themselves or with a group (at the bus stop, carpool lane, or at home!) The more pictures the better!! 🙂
- Here is the link to submit pictures!
Power Pack Opportunity
Do you have an hour a week that you would like to help us out? We are looking for volunteers to pick up Power Packs this year.
- Drive to the Middle School on Wednesday
- Grab the tote(s) with CVE on them.
- Drop them off at Centerville School.
The more volunteers we get, the fewer times you need to go. It works great if we have at least 4-5 as that will only make the trip once a month.
If you are interested in helping us with the pickups, please call or email Judy Montain at 763-792-5804 or email@example.com.
Centerville Parent Teacher Association
The Centerville Parent Teacher Association (CPTA) is a great way to be engaged with your child’s school and meet other families.
Check out the CPTA Website for more information.
CHS Sporting Events & Games
We are excited to invite our CVE students and families to home Cougar sports games. Feel free to review all Cougar schedules on the High School website page. Our staff and student-athletes talent and dedication to representing Centennial is admired.
Please be reminded of the following stadium policies and information:
- Elementary-aged children need to be accompanied and supervised by their parents/guardians.
- To maintain a safe environment, students are expected to be in the stands or with their parents at all times.
- Tickets need to be purchased online. Ticket Site
- Outside food, drinks, and balls are not permitted into the stadium.
Back to school and back to activities! We have fall offerings for the whole family, including Gymnastics, Aquatics, sports & recreational opportunities, STEM offerings and more! View all offerings online, isd12.ce.eleyo.com.
Sept. 13- Conquer Ninja Rec Team (ages 6-13)
Levels 1-2 Ninja (ages 6-13)
Sept. 19- Skyhawks Soccer Camp (ages 5-10)
Sept. 21- Volleyball Intro Skills and Games (gr. 3)
Oct. 6- Mini Cougar Cheer Clinic (gr. 1-5)
Oct. 8- Skyhawks Pickleball (ages 5-11)
Skyhawks Basketball Camp (ages 6-12)
Oct. 18- Artist Lab (gr. K-5) After School at CVE!
Go online to view all activities and to register, communityed.isd12.org.
Welcome to the Digital Backpack, the district’s central posting place for community flyers. If you have questions regarding these programs, please contact the organizations directly. View the Digital Backpack online.
Annual Review and Update of Student information
Centennial uses an online method in Campus Portal for families to update annual information for students such as annual notifications, agreements, emergency contact information, and communication preferences, etc. This process eliminates the many beginning-of-the-year paper documents that would typically be collected during the first few weeks of school. Please login to Parent Portal, review, and update the data on file for you as parent/guardians as well as your students by Friday, September 22, 2022.
Below are some links to help you login to your Parent Portal account and get started:
Website Navigation Reminders
The Main Navigation button is the three stacked horizontal lines. Clicking on this will show you all your options for navigating the site. This will be consistent whether you’re on a desktop or mobile device so your navigation experience will be seamless. Selecting Schools next to the navigation button enables you to get to your student’s school or program quickly.
Are you looking for information such as the calendar, attendance form, or school lunch menu? Select the Parent Hub on your student’s school site for a one-stop shop for all of your go-to needs.
Minnesota law requires children enrolled in childcare, early childhood education, or school to be immunized against certain diseases, unless the child is medically or non-medically exempt.
If proper documentation is not provided, students will be unable to attend school after November 1st, 2023. What you need to do:
- Contact your health care provider and review your child’s immunization status to make sure they are up to date.
- If you missed a required vaccination, make an appointment with a healthcare provider or local clinic as soon as possible.
- Follow up with your students’ school if they have reached out to you regarding your students’ immunization status.
- Turn in medical (must be signed by a health care provider) and non-medical (must be notarized) exemption forms to your child’s school if they are exempt from immunizations.
Visit the MDH website for vaccine schedules, exemption forms and more information including where to get free/low cost immunizations today. Please reach out to your students’ school for any questions.
The district has created a uniform Elementary Handbook with policies and procedures which can be found on Centerville's website https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the parent hub/parent tools. You may also request a hard copy through the office or your child’s classroom teacher.