Fox Hill Elementary Family Update
Week of March 22, 2021
Mrs. Beard and Mrs. Pitcock Welcome You!!
Fox Hill Families
Greetings Fox Hill Families!
Happy Spring! This is our last week before Spring Break! Encourage your student to continue to do his or her personal best!
March 19 - Report cards went home for in person learners and are available on Skyward Family Access for virtual learners
March 22 - Hearing Screenings 1st and 4th
March 29 - April 2 Spring Break (no school)
Make sure to stay in the loop with all of the latest Washington Township info by checking your email or ParentSquare for updates or visiting the WT website @ https://www.msdwt.k12.in.us/
Inspiration Around Fox Hill
The Indiana Department of Education Spring Continuous Learning Challenges are now available! Click here!
Equity Matters in Washington Township!
2021 -2022 Kindergarten Enrollment
Kindergarten enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year opens February 11, 2021. Students must be at least five years old by August 1, 2021 to start kindergarten in August 2021. For details and instructions, please visit Student Registration and Enrollment.
If your child turns five years old after August 1, 2021 and on or before October 1, 2021 you may submit an appeal for your child to be considered for kindergarten enrollment. Please contact the Fox Hill front office if you have questions about early enrollment.
Parents listed on the student’s birth certificate or the student’s legal guardian must provide the following documents to enroll:
- Certified birth certificate - other hospital records will not be accepted
- Updated immunization records
- Two proofs of residency - acceptable documents include:
- Lease or proof of home ownership (mortgage, properly taxes, or home insurance) AND
- Current utility bill
AYS - Spring Break
Lunch Menu - January to May
Washington Township Child Nutrition Hiring!
Bus Drivers Needed
Our valued bus drivers are the first face many of our students see during their school day, and often the last. We are looking for drivers who want to make a difference for our students and join our outstanding team!
If you or someone you know want to train with us, or are already fully licensed and qualified in the state of Indiana, please review the information and learn how to apply at this link: https://www.msdwt.k12.in.us/2020/10/become-a-bus-driver-for-msdwt/
Thank you for helping us to promote this need to fill these important positions in our district.
From the Nurse....
- Parents/Caregivers are expected to assess students for COVID-19 symptoms before students come to school. STUDENTS SHOULD NOT report to school if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Report absences to the Fox Hill attendance line - 317-259-5230
- Morning and other daily medications should be given at home. Lunch medications, rescue inhalers and other critical medications will be given in the clinic during the school day.
- Students with COVID-19 symptoms at school, will be assessed by school nurse. Then if needed, students will safely and immediately be isolated in a designated area. Parent will be contacted and student MUST be picked up within 60 minutes.
Questions - Feel free to call Fox Hill 317-259-5371
**If your student is confirmed to have COVID-19, has symptoms of COVID-19, or is quarantining due be being a close contact of a positive COVID-19 person, please update the school.
Need Technical Assistance - Virtual Learners?
Virtual Learner Families - If you need technical assistance with your Chromebook, please complete the Virtual Learning Support Form or call (317) 254-5566 during support hours (M-F 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.). If leaving a voicemail message, be sure to leave a call back number and a member of our support team will be in touch.
We have a Multilingual Voicemail Line!
Families can use this to communicate information to the school; the interpreters check the language lines regularly.
Emergency situations should not be directed toward the language line.
- Spanish: Press 1
- Karenni: Press 2
- Karen: Press 3
- Arabic: Press 4
- Swahili/French/Kinyarwanda: Press 5
In Need of the School Social Worker?
Focus on Equity
At Fox Hill, our focus on equity is a priority for us!
Please know that we will:
-Continue to prioritize Professional Development that focuses on Anti-racist teaching, Bias training, and Equitable practices.
-Continue to develop our Equity Team to include various perspectives.
-Continue to look at systems and programs with a common goal of creating opportunity and access for all.
-Continue to look at disproportionality as it relates to staffing, behavior, special services, and academics.
We are committed to the work and to positive change! We ask for your support as we continue to grow.
- Make sure you are connected to ParentSquare!!
- Fox Hill Facebook Page