Beadle News Beat
MAY 14, 2021 - Edition 20.35
BEADLE’S MISSION STATEMENT
Beadle Middle School, a community where each individual is a teacher and a learner, guarantees students will achieve their maximum growth academically, socially, and emotionally. We will meet the unique needs of each student in a collaborative environment using effective and innovative strategies to engage and challenge all students.
Dr. Jim Sutfin - Superintendent of Millard Public Schools
Millard Public Schools 2021 Board of Education Members
Linda Poole – President; Dave Anderson – Vice President; Stacy Jolly – Secretary
Amanda McGill Johnson – Treasurer; Mike Kennedy and Mike Pate – Board Members
End of the School Year Reminders
The last day of school is Friday, May 21 and will be a half day of school from 7:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Please have all students picked up by 11:30 a.m. Breakfast cereal will be served before school, but there will be no lunch served this day.
Lost and Found
- All Lost and Found not claimed by the end of the school year will be donated to charity.
Pick up your Prescriptions from the Health Room
- If your child has any prescription medicine at school, the medicine will need to be picked up by an adult on or by Friday, May 21 at 3:00 p.m. According to district policy, these prescription medicines cannot be given to your child to take home. However, non-prescription medication will be sent home with your child. Please watch for these. The school nurse will dispose of any medication left at school on the last day of school. If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Nelson, school nurse, at 402-715-6105.
- Yearbooks will be handed out on Monday, May 17. All fines and owed lunch money must be paid in order for students to receive their Yearbook.
- Extra Yearbooks are available for $30.00 with cash or check in the office or online with a credit card through ParentVUE under the Fees Tab, then click Pay Fees.
- Not sure if you ordered a Yearbook - Call the Beadle Office or email Mrs. Griebel at email@example.com
- The end of the school year is quickly approaching so we are asking that you please check your home for library books, magazines or other materials that you have checked out and get them returned as soon as possible.
- All owed lunch money must be paid in order for students to receive their Yearbook. Lunch Money can be paid in the lunch room or online through http://MySchoolBucks.com
- Fines can be paid in the office with cash or check or online through ParentVue under the Fees Tab.
May 17 to 21
B Day -- Monday, May 17
3:00 - 4:00 Science Club, Room A110
A Day -- Tuesday, May 18
1:30 Eighth Grade Honors
B Day -- Wednesday, May 19
A Day -- Thursday, May 20
- Last day of School for Remote Learners
B Day -- Friday, May 21
- Last Day of School for In Person Learners
- School Dismisses at 11:15
From the Health Room
2021 - 2022 Seventh Grade Physicals
Nebraska law requires every seventh grade student to have either a doctor's physical or waiver signed by a parent/guardian before entering seventh grade in August. Seventh grade physicals must be dated within 6 months prior to the first day of school. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Nelson, Beadle nurse, at (402) 715-6105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 – 2022 Sports Physicals
Seventh and eighth grade students planning to participate in sports through BMS, are required to have a physical and it must be dated after May 1. For questions regarding sports physicals and paperwork, please contact Tassie Little, Beadle Athletic Director, at (402) 715-6100 or email@example.com.
Millard Summer School
The middle school sessions will be held at Millard Beadle Middle School. Current eighth grade students interested in summer school will attend sessions at Millard South High School. For more information go to: http://www.mpsomaha.org/curriculum/summer-school