CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, January 25th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
You either win or you learn. We are ecstatic to share that our girls WON the EBL Cheer Championship last night! Mr. Shipley said it best about their routine, "They nailed it." On the biggest stage, in front of a packed gym, our girls put together an incredible performance. I have no idea what goes into scoring a cheer competition so I couldn't tell you whether it was their timing, routine, or Sadie's impressive display of gymnastic flexibility that clinched the win. I'm guessing it was a combination of all those and other things that I don't understand about cheering.
I do know that we are proud of these young ladies and their hard work. We talk about wanting our students to have an opportunity to experience success, and they were able to do that at the highest level. This morning we recognized them before dismissing students to classrooms, and they led all of us in singing the school fight song. We want to celebrate and acknowledge their success. Preparations are underway to add a new banner noting their accomplishment.
A special thank you to our coaches, Hannah Moore, and Kaley Stoner. A great deal of work went into preparing these ladies for this moment.
This week, second-grade student's tested soup can life jackets as part of their Titanic Project. A C.A.R.E. representative brought her dog, Luna, to launch the kindergarten Pet Project. An author came to speak with fourth-grade in preparation for their Teddy's Trooper Project, and a community partner met with fifth-grade students to discuss resume writing for their Columbus Young Apprentice Project. Did I mention that kindergarten celebrated 100 days of school on Thursday and first-grade celebrated 101 days on Friday? While it was a short week, we were very busy!
I need your help with a couple of housekeeping items. The first three bullet points are in regards to transportation. I know the easy route is to pull up front to drop-off and pick-up, but that eliminates parking for visitors, handicap needs, and wheelchair accessibility. If the curb is yellow, please do not park in that area. I don't want to be the traffic police. I got enough funny looks from parents and students for the tan rain suit and rubber boots I wore on Wednesday. For the record, they are Frogg Toggs, and while many started their day wet, I started mine completely dry. Function over fashion folks!
- CSA Lincoln staff are officially "on the clock" at 7:30 a.m. Unless your child is in iCare, students should be dropped off at 7:30 a.m. or later. This is a matter of student safety and supervision.
- Please help us by following the Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures outlined at the beginning of the year. Please do not drop off your student in front of the school before 8:00 a.m. Please use the car line for both drop-off and pick-up.
- The 6th Grade Can Slam is next Tuesday night. It will be from 6-7:30 p.m. at Viewpoint Books. A canned good will gain you entrance to the event!
- We hosted our first Study Tour of the year on Thursday. A Study Tour is when a group of educators from other school districts come to learn about our school and PBL. We have another group coming on February 7th.
- The Staff vs. Student Basketball Game will be held next Thursday. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. The game will be played at Central Middle School. It is free to attend and we hope you will join us!
- Last, but most certainly not least, Miss Deyerling shared some big news with the K-2 Town Hall Meeting this morning (video included). She had a very memorable weekend as her boyfriend proposed and she accepted! We are very excited for her!
Have a great weekend,
Important Upcoming Dates
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- Jan 29th- Poetry Slam (6th Grade) 6 pm @ Viewpoint Books
- Jan 31st- Staff vs. Student Basketball Game (Free) 5:30-7 pm @ Central
- Feb 4th-7th Book-CON Book Fair
- Feb 4th-7th Parent-Teacher Conferences (Teachers will be in touch with you.)
- Feb 5th- Northside Middle School Open House (6th Grade) 5:30-8:00 pm
- Feb 6th- 6th Grade Band Sign-ups 6:30 pm @ Lincoln Gym
- Feb 11th- School Board Meeting at CSA Lincoln 6 pm
- Feb 15th- 5th/6th Grade Dance 6:30-8:00 pm
- Feb 21st- Math Bowl Competition 5:30 pm @ Southside
- Feb 21st- PTO Meeting 6-7 pm
- Mar 7th- PTO Meeting 6-7 pm
- Mar 11-12th School will be in session (Snow Day Make-ups)
- Mar 26-28th iRead Testing (3rd Grade)
- April 30-May 2, May 7-10th- ILEARN Testing (3rd-6th Grade)
- May 15th- Indianapolis Indians Game-CSA Reading Challenge- Home Run Hitters
- May 16-17th- Chicago Trip (6th Grade)
- May 23-24th- CYC Camp Trip (5th Grade)
- May 29th- Move Up Day
- May 29th- 6th Grade Graduation-10:30-11:30 am
- May 30th- Last Student Day (Donner Park Field Day)
Who is that person working car line? The suggestion came up at a CIC meeting to share information about our staff so you can put a name with a face.
Miss Hannah Moore
Miss Moore has taught fourth-grade math for the past three years at CSA Lincoln Elementary. She completed her teaching degree at the University of Indianapolis. She is the Cheer Team coach and social committee chair.
Remind and Verizon
- Remind.com App- Verizon is charging Remind for the distribution of text services. The fee will not apply to parents, students, or me as a sender, but because of the charges, Remind will no longer send text messages to stakeholders using Verizon as of January 28th. As you know, one of the methods I send the newsletter out is via Remind. If you use it on your phone, you will need to download the Remind app or set up notifications through email. I will continue to share the newsletter through Remind, email, on our website, and on the social media accounts listed at the bottom of the newsletter.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley