August 11, 2014
Click the red box to check out some snapshots of our very successful start to the 2014-2015 school year!
News to Roar About
- Chris Rogers & Keith Brown for getting the devices out to classrooms for kids and teachers to use.
- Kindergarten Teachers for your positive, professional attitude and managing so many kindergarten students! You have done an outstanding job and it is amazing how well the students have done as a result!
- Christy LeMaster and Chris Rogers for the great prep work to get ready for SPGs. We know it has not been easy with the quick turnaround time!
- Lauren Idsardi, Support Team & Special Areas for helping with Kindergarten! It takes a village to get all where they need to be.
- Teachers great job on reviewing and reinforcing expectations. What an amazing job you have done to set the stage for a successful school year. You would never know we have this many new students!
- All teachers for your help to get bus tags correct and ready for the first day of school! We had an excellent start and your preparation was key!
- Cyndy Palmer for her great work on getting our new textbooks to all grade levels as they arrive and getting kids books checked in to them. It is a big job and you have done a super job!
- Custodial team members for filling in to get everything done while your team is short-handed!
- Mia Latimore, Jennifer Rogers and Montine Powell for your countless hours ensuring that all is well in the front office! You have all been burning at both ends and we appreciate your commitment to excellence in the office!
- Jennifer Rogers for handling all the SASI input in such a short time. We have never had to have all scheduling completed so early due to SPGs being added! You have been a trooper indeed!
- Bridget Saldana and Jennifer Dalton for helping get the transportation set up. We appreciate your leadership in ensuring that we got this right!
- Support Team for another excellent planning session. We are off to a great start. We appreciate your help in getting SPG processes and procedures set.
- Mike Stanton for stepping up to teach AC Math in 4th grade! We appreciate your willingness to serve wherever you are needed to support the success of kids!
- Mary Kotler for stepping up to serve as the 4th grade math curriculum coach! We cannot wait to have you on the team. Thank you for taking on this leadership role to grow the great work at Harbins!
- To the Harbins family for always reaching out and caring about your colleagues when they are experiencing tough times! There is just no better staff, anywhere!
Staff Field Trip
Thank You to Ebenezer
School Council Teacher Representatives
Our teacher representatives for the Harbins School Council will roll off this year as their terms come to an end. If you would like to nominate yourself or another teacher to represent you on the School Council, please click the link below to submit your nomination. We will have an election once nominations are complete. The deadline for nominations is Friday, August 15.
Required Compliance Training
- August 12 for grades K-2 at 6:30
- August 14 for grades 3-5 at 6:30
We will start with the PTA meeting broadcast over closed circuit and then turn it over to teachers. The PTA portion will last about 15 minutes. We will kick that part of the meeting off with a short eCLASS BringIt video. Curriculum Night reminders were sent with last week's Roar email from Cindy Truett. All Curriculum Night handouts will be placed in your mailbox on Monday, August 11. Included will be a POD consent form for parents to sign if they wish to send a device to school with their child for BYOD. Again, the specific device does not have to be listed, but we are requiring parents to sign the consent form.
Forms you should have:
- AKS Brochures
- eCLASS flyer
- Scholastic News Parent Letters
- POD Consent Form for Devices for BYOD
- Harbins PTA Donation Fundraiser Form
- School Council Election Ballots
Parent School Council Representative Elections
We are asking that you distribute the School Council ballots and collect those in the manila envelope with your name on it. Only Harbins parents or legal guardians are eligible to vote. We will give you copies of nomination forms for those that are up for election. Please post in your classroom for parents to read. Turn ballots in your designated envelope to Montine Powell
Professional Learning Days
Your students should have a CD in their student paper portfolio (grades 2-5) that you received. Please do not discard those CDs. We need to save their prior work to our current ePortfolio format on Weebly. More information to come soon, but please hold onto those CDs until...
Classroom Spirit Award
School Improvement Team
The SIT team Retreat will be held on September 2 from 8:00-4:00. Location: Professional Development Room
News to Roar About
We will place “News to Roar About” in the Roar each Monday. It is our hope that throughout the year that you will take time to send us a note to let us know about a colleague who deserves recognition for outstanding work. Please be sure to share your compliments with us so we can highlight those individuals in the Roar. You can email compliments to Cindy Truett or Montine Powell.
Leaders in Learning
A Chrome file will be shared with each teacher, please go in to list your Leader in Learning for August when Montine sends out the notification email.