The Greene Devil Weekly News
September 13-17, 2021
Message from Mrs. Adams
Please help us ensure students start their day positively by arriving at school with enough time to grab breakfast (if needed) and get to class by 7:40. Students will receive an unexcused tardy if they are not in their Leader in Me classes by 7:40 AM. Please read the information from our GMS Student Handbook below concerning tardies:
"GMS classes begin at 7:40 a.m. as determined by the Greeneville City Board of Education. Five unexcused tardies and/or five unexcused early checkouts to/from school will count as unexcused absence. There are no excused tardies/early checkouts other than those accompanied by a doctor’s note. GMS asks that parents try to schedule routine medical appointments (i.e. doctor, dental, etc.) after school hours."
Read our entire attendance policy in the GMS Student Handbook: https://4.files.edl.io/c5e2/09/09/21/105205-f0d8c83e-d16c-4ff4-8f66-c5a11e2c8619.pdf.
Thank you for your continued support of GMS,
Mrs. Rachel Adams
GMS Information and Announcements
GMS Spirit Week
Homework Hotline- It's Free!
Who We Help?We tutor K-12 Tennessee students in reading, language arts, math, social studies, science, Spanish, and more.
Where We Focus?
Our teachers are here for any Tennessee student. Parents can call, too. If you have questions, want us to help you check your work, or explain complex concepts, we are here for you.
Family Life Curriculum
Check Out Our Weekly Leader in Me Family Tip!
What is the Student Lighthouse Team?
About the Student Lighthouse Team (SLT):
The SLT is a group of students representing each grade level in our school who synergize to have a positive impact on students, staff, families, and the community.
Successful SLT Members:
1. Are dependable, reliable, and respectful.
2. Complete classwork and homework assignments on time.
3. Possess a strong work ethic.
4. Demonstrate exemplary conduct and citizenship in and out of school.
5. Have excellent attendance (are on time with limited absences and early check-outs).
6. Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
7. May be comfortable with public speaking (some of the tasks SLT members take on require public speaking).
8. Have the ability and willingness to teach and/or demonstrate the 7 Habits® to other students.
What's Up At GMS This Week?
Monday, September 13
- Band Instrument Night @ 6:00 in GMS Commons
Tuesday, September 14
- Volleyball @ GMS vs. Ross N Robinson @ 5:00
- Cross Country @ Domtar Park, Kingsport
Wednesday, September 15
Thursday, September 16
- Football @ GMS vs. TN Middle School @ 6:00
- Volleyball @ GMS vs. Sullivan Heights @ 5:00
- Cross Country @ Holston Home, Greeneville
Friday, September 17
- Interim & TCAP Reports Sent
- Picture Day
Find all events at https://gms.gcschools.net/apps/events/
Would you like to let a GMS Staff Member Know you Appreciate Them?
REMINDER- No Office Check Outs Between 2:00-3:00
- Arrive before 2:00 for all early dismissals.
- If you do not have your car tag, wait in the front parking lot until 3:00 (all buses have left).