AFC Jr/Sr High School
September Students of the Month
Please see below for what teachers had to say about our winners:
7th Grade: Kate Viall
- The seventh grade student of the month is dependable, hard working, reliable, and respectful. She often goes above and beyond what is covered in class to dig deeper into the topic and find out more on her own initiative. She is pleasant and very helpful to other students.
8th Grade: Claire Freeman
- The 8th grade Student of the Month for September is Claire Freeman. Claire is the type of student who strives to reach her full potential. She is an active participant in class discussions, great role model to her peers and exudes kindness in her actions. All these successful traits while remaining active both in and out of school.
9th Grade: Mallory Coffman
- Mallory Coffman is a leader in the classroom. Not only does she do quality work, if she sees a classmate struggling, she offers help without being asked. She sets high standards for herself and those around her, which makes her stand out in her class.
10th Grade: Lauren Stone
- Lauren Stone possesses many characteristics that have earned her the September student of the month award. She is smart, organized, respectful, and caring. Her compassion for others clearly stands out. During WIN, she willingly gives up her time to support younger students and also her peers. Lauren offers a different perspective to students when they ask questions about diversity within our school. This award is well deserved!
11th Grade: Sara Ramadani
- Sara has been a fantastic student to have in class. She is welcoming to all in the school, and constantly puts forth all of her effort both in class and in her extracurricular activities.
12th Grade: Bailey Berogan
- Bailey Berogan was nominated as September student of the month for the senior class. Bailey has shown a lot of self motivation in her classes this year and has been a good example for other students to look at. She has been helpful to both her senior classmates as well as the underclassmen.
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held from 3:30-7:30 PM on October 13 and 14. If you would like your child(ren)'s teacher to reach out to you during Parent/Teacher Conferences via phone, please fill out your information using this link. Conferences will be held over the phone, but if you would like an in-person conference, please note that when completing your information. All families that sign up for a conference will be entered to win a $25 Casey's gift card!
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 8: AM Early Dismissal, Jr/Sr High School dismisses at 11:51 AM
- October 11: No School, Columbus Day (WACC students will not attend WACC)
- October 13: FFA Farmer's Market, 4-6 PM
- October 13th and 14th: Parent Teacher Conferences, 3:30-7:30 PM
- October 13th and 14th: PM Early Dismissal, Jr/Sr High School dismisses at 2:30 PM
- October 15th: No School (WACC students will not attend WACC)
- October 19th: Picture Retakes
- October 27-30: National FFA Convention
Final Exams and Grading Period Information
By clicking on the button below you will see pertinent information related to grading periods (dates for end of the quarter and semester) as well as perimeters for final exam exemptions and testing dates.