UES Information and Updates
Thank You Parents & Guardians!
UES Important Dates:
- October 7 - UES Mid-Marking Period for Marking Period 1
- October 8 - UES Home and School Meeting 9:30 AM (Virtual via ZOOM)
- October 12 - MTPS Parent Academy 7:00 PM (Virtual via ZOOM)
- October 18-22 - UES Celebrates Week of Respect and Violence Awareness
- October 18-22 - Home and School Book Fair
- October 19 - Board of Education Meeting - 7:00 PM
- October 22 - School Spirit Day - Crazy Socks Day - "Be ReSOCKful"
- October 29 - UES Celebrates Halloween - Early Dismissal Day
- November 2 - Election Day - Regular School Day
- November 4 & 5 - NJEA Teachers Convention - Schools Closed
UES Is a Character Strong School
Our Annual SOCKTOBER Service Project is BACK! The UES will collect new socks between October 11 and 22. All socks will be donated to Joseph's House of Camden. Our goal is to collect 1,000 pairs of new socks! Socks can be dropped off in the main lobby each day beginning October 11. We will end the project with our CRAZY Sock Day Spirit Day on Friday, October 22.
Thank you UES Tigers!
Our UES Tigers are doing a GREAT job of wearing their masks each day. Please remember to send your child with a spare mask in his/her backpack. Many masks break and are "lost" after recess. Thank you!
Book Fair is Back!
We are excited for our 2021 In-Person Fall Book Fair! Home and School is working hard to make it GREAT for our students! Teachers will sign up to visit the Book Fair as a class during the week of October 18-22. Thank you Home and School!
Thank you UES Tigers!
UES Week of Respect and Violence Awareness
The UES will Celebrate Week of Respect and Violence Awareness October 18 through 22. Each October, New Jersey school districts observe Week of Respect and Violence Awareness by providing age-appropriate instruction focusing on preventing/remediating harassment, intimidation, and/or bullying. Here at the UES, students will view Counselor Corner videos, engage in Character Strong lessons on respect each day during Morning Meeting, and will participate in a variety of other activities.
Halloween is Coming!
MTPS Parent Academy: Parenting in a More Wholehearted Way - October 12 at 7PM via Zoom
Moorestown Township Public Schools has been working with local providers to create workshops for the MTPS Parent Academy. This fall we are excited to work with Andrea Valente and Lauren Emma of Courage and Wellness Therapy in Moorestown Their workshop series, "explores how to live, love, lead, and parent in a more wholehearted way. We will look at why 'never good enough' shows up in our lives and how to practice gratitude and joy. During this 60-minute workshop, we will explore how scarcity culture operates in our daily lives; how our anxiety and fear can manifest as scarcity. Concepts are born from the renowned scholar, author and speaker Dr. Brené Brown, using material from the #1 NY Times Best Seller, The Gifts of Imperfection. Discussion will focus on core concepts of Cultivating Gratitude and Joy, Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark." This is part one of the two-part fall series. The second workshop will be held on November 11 at 7PM. Please complete the Google Form to receive the Zoom link to the program. MTPS Parent Academy 10/12/2021 Sign-up Form
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the UES at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please make sure your child has all items needed for school. We need to limit items being dropped off during the school day.
- Please make sure your child has a spare mask in his/her backpack. You'd be surprised how often a spare mask is needed!
- Smart Watches are not permitted at the UES. Please leave them at home!
- Please make sure your child charges his/her laptop each night!