News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - December 11, 2020
Friday, December 11th: Early Dismissal (Parent Teacher Conferences) ~ Dismissal at 12:25PM ~ No Kindergarten
Monday, December 14th: Kindergarten Conferences - No PM Kindergarten
Tuesday, December 15th: Kindergarten Conference - PM Kindergarten attends in the AM ~ No AM Kindergarten
Wednesday, December 23rd: Early Dismissal ~ Dismissal at 12:25PM ~ No PM Kindergarten
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently revised their recommendations around the length of time that an individual should quarantine after exposure to a positive COVID-19 case. The district integrated these changes into our Health and Safety Plan. These changes will dictate the time that students are unable to attend school in-person and participate in school-sponsored activities and athletics following exposure and/or travel outside of Pennsylvania.
- Students must remain at home for 10 days—7 days with evidence of a negative COVID-19 test—from the date of last close personal contact with a positive individual. The COVID-19 test must have been administered at least 5 days after the exposure.
- The commonwealth has revised their travel restrictions to reflect the CDC’s new guidance. Pennsylvanians who are returning home after travel are required to either quarantine for 10 days without testing, or to quarantine for 7 days with a negative test on or after day 5 of quarantine. Please note, out of an abundance of caution, our health and safety plan protocols require all students and employees to refrain from in-person instruction and school-sponsored athletics and activities during the commonwealth’s travel quarantine period regardless of age.
- We will be following our Health and Safety plan with fidelity. This includes students spaced in our classrooms to the maximum extend possible, washing and sanitizing hands with frequency, and wearing masks. Shields will no longer be an acceptable face covering option for staff or students as per updated regulations from the state and district. https://www.cbsd.org/2020-21
- Live streaming of classroom instruction will not be available for 5-day in-person students for one and two day absences. Steaming will be available if a student is excluded from school for quarantine due to COVID-19.
If we continue to stay home when we are sick, wear face coverings consistently and appropriately, wash hands regularly, and stay 6 feet away from others as much as possible, we will all do our part to help one another stay heathy.
Thank you for your constant support.
Mrs. Amy Adelman
We love our new edition. Thanks, Mr. Braksator for your hard work - you are officially an honorary Warwick Bear!
iRun4Life Fitness App
iRun4Life is launching a new, fun, free iRun4Life Fitness App specifically designed for elementary school children. The iRun4Life Fitness App is free and can be downloaded on all Apple and Android devices- simply search in the app store for “iRun4Life.”
Key Features of the iRun4Life Fitness App for kids include:
1. Running & Fitness – 4 weeks of training with Warm Up videos, weekly Running Tasks, Cool Down Videos, and Extra Workout videos that are fun and all kid friendly. There is a stopwatch to help you time your runs as well. Videos will be updated monthly.
2. Log your Miles – Children can log their miles onto our iRun4Life portal directly from the app. Simply log in with a parent email address and child’s first name.
3. Yoga & Dance – Fun kid friendly yoga and dance videos that can be done at home with your friends and family. Videos will be updated monthly.
4. Healthy Recipes – Delicious kid focused recipes for Snacks, Meals, and Desserts that are easy to make and cook with your family. Includes gluten free and vegetarian options too. Recipes will be updated monthly.
We understand that running with your friends outside at school is the best way to enjoy our iRun4Life running program, however, due to Covid19, we are not allowed to have our spring running programs at this time. But we remain committed to helping your children stay healthy and strong through this winter. As the weather gets colder and we move indoors for longer periods of time, your children will need an outlet for exercise. You can feel confident knowing they can easily log in to our iRun4Life Fitness App, and get all the exercise they need and have fun at the same time.
We encourage you to share our iRun4Life Fitness App with all your friends and family, as we continue to help combat childhood obesity through exercise and healthy nutrition.
Judy & the iRun4Life Board
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 10 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.