PKES PANTHER PRESS
Week of September 19th
Back by Popular Demand: PKES Take Home Kits
A grant was received from The Foundation for Fort Mill Schools to develop Take Home Kits for our Panther Families to spend quality time together at home. Last year, 106 Panther Families borrowed kits! To sign up to receive a kit, please complete the form below. The kit will be delivered to your child's classroom. Complete the activities at home and respond on our Flip Grid Forum to share about your Take Home Kit experience. Return the kit to school. (Consumable items will be replenished by PKES.) Don't forget to respond to our Flip Grid, instructions will be included in your Take Home Kit, and tweet pictures of your family using our Take Home Kit using #PanthersEngaged.
We are excited to allow parents back to lunch in our building. Parent lunches will not begin until Tuesday, September 6th or after. We will also have to close lunches during testing windows and other school events. If your child has a birthday in the month of August, you will be permitted to visit prior to the Labor Day holiday. We have a list of students who have a birthday in August. Please contact Joy Isley at Isleyj@fortmillschools.org if this applies to your child.
Due to increased security protocols and limited seating, parents and guardians may join their child during their lunch period up to four times per year per child. Visitors coming for lunch should limit the number of adults to two per visit.
- Our front office will keep a record of parent visits for lunch.
- For safety reasons, parents visiting for lunch will only be allowed to visit the cafeteria.
- We ask that families work together on lunch passes. Due to the size of our school and the cafeteria capacity, we will not be able to make any exceptions to the four visit limit.
- The PKES Staff and Administration will not mediate between split families in regards to using passes. We are unable to limit specific visitors if they are on the approved contact/pickup list.
- At least one of the visitors each visit must be on the approved contact list (pickup list). If you would like to add someone to that list, please send an email to Tanya Hudson at email@example.com with the name of your child and the person or persons you would like to add.
- All visitors will be required to show a form of identification to visit lunch/visit our school.
- Students will not be allowed to have a friend sit with them when a parent is visiting for lunch.
The Fort Mill School District does not carry accidental insurance for students. You can elect to purchase one of the voluntary accidental insurance policies as seen below.