Students Attend Red River Drum and Auxiliary Camp
Website is Up and Running
We're working on updating the Lindsay Bands website and will be adding new information soon. The goal is to use this as a resource to get information out to everyone in different ways, so please check back regularly!
Colorguard is meeting on Friday, July 25 from 10am to noon. This is a meet and greet with the new guard writer. We are going to be able to show her what we already know so she can be better able to write for our group!
Full Band starts on Monday, July 28 at 8:30am. Bring lots of water, a pencil, your instrument, music, and an energetic attitude that is ready to start a great season! Find the full schedule on the website! We can't wait to see you all!
There's a band pool party on Thursday, July, 31! Does your student want to attend? Have them bring $5 to Mr. McCleskey or Dr. Craig by Wednesday, July 30.
Marching Show 2014
Did you know?
The National Art Education Association lists these 10 lessons that the arts teach our children:
1. The arts teach children to make good judgments about qualitative relationships.
2. The arts teach children that problems can have more than one solution and that questions can have more than one answer.
3. The arts celebrate multiple perspectives.
4. The arts teach children that in complex forms of problem solving purposes are seldom fixed, but change with circumstance and opportunity.
5. The arts make vivid the fact that neither words in their literal form nor numbers exhaust what we can know.
6. The arts teach students that small differences can have large effects.
7. The arts teach students to think through and within a material.
8. The arts help children learn to say what cannot be said.
9. The arts enable us to have experience we can have from no other source and through such experience to discover the range and variety of what we are capable of feeling.
10. The arts’ position in the school curriculum symbolizes to the young what adults believe is important.
SOURCE: Eisner, E. (2002). The Arts and the Creation of Mind, In Chapter 4, What the Arts Teach and How It Shows. (pp. 70-92). Yale University Press. Available from NAEA Publications.