January 8, 2016
As members of Ballardville, we recognize that each student in ASPIRE is unique and different in his or her own way. We promise to:
- help each other learn and excel as a group in class;
- be kind, respectful, and responsible to our teacher, each other, our classroom, and ourselves;
- have a positive attitude, follow the Golden Rule, and make sure everyone feels like they fit in;
- put aside our differences and cooperate with each other respectfully;
- show kindness in and out of the classroom and treat others with care.
We expect our teacher to challenge us in a way that will help each of us excel in our learning. We like to be challenged and to think outside the box.
Our personal expectations are to be respectful and responsible. We will encourage others to be helpful and not hurtful. We will pull each other up when in need, and will help each other improve.
Dates to Remember
Jan. 15th: Puberty Video (4th grade girls)
Jan. 18th: No School
Jan. 22- Spelling Bee 8:00 am Cafeteria
Jan. 29th: Lunch with the Principal
Feb. 5th: Play it Safe
Feb. 12th: Valentine's Day Parties 1:40-2:40
Feb. 15th: No School
Feb. 17th & 18th: Early Dismissal at 11:45am
Feb. 24th: Progress ReportsMarch 13th-20th: Spring Break
Objectives for Next Week
Math - Problem Solving: Multiplication & Division
(Long Division, Unit 3 Post-Test, Math Olympiad #3, MOY iStation)
Reading - Identifying Author's Purpose (Persuade, Inform, Entertain)
Writing - Journal Writing; Of the Days; Expository Writing; Pitchforking, Ba-Da-Bings
Social Studies/Science - European Explorers in Texas; Spanish Missions in Texas
Of the Days
Tuesday- arboreal; flex
Wednesday- archaic; here
Thursday- archives; hum
Friday- behemoth; loqu
Thank you in advance!