Lewis and Clark Elementary
With the two weather related school closings, the last day of this school year will now be on Tuesday, May 22nd. The last day will be a 3 hour early release schedule. School will release at 12: 45.
Tuesday, January 23rd: Choir Zone Grades 4 & 5 8:00
Wednesday, January 24th: Page Turner's Grades 2-5 8:00
Friday, January 26th: Move-It Exercise Club Grades 3-5 8:00
Tuesday, January 30th: Choir Zone Grades 4 & 5 8:00
Wednesday, January 31st: Page Turner's Grades 2-5 8:0
Tuesday, February 6th: Choir Zone Grades 4 & 5 8:00 / 2nd Grade to Kaufmann Performing Arts
Wednesday, February 7th: Page Turner's Grades 2-5 8:00 / 3rd Grade to Legoland
Monday, February 12th: Service Learning Club 8:00
Tuesday, February 13th: Choir Zone Grades 4 & 5 8:00 / 5th Grade to Visit Middle Schools / CiCi's Pizza Night
Wednesday, February 14th: Page Turner's Grades 2-5 8:00 / Valentine Parties 2:45
Friday, February 16th: Schools Closed / Professional Development Day for Staff
Monday, February 19th: Schools Closed / President's Day
Tuesday, February 20th: Choir Zone Grades 4 & 5 8:00 / Spring Picture Day
Wednesday, February 21st: Page Turner's Grades 2-5 8:00
Friday, February 23rd: Move It Exercise Club 8:00 am / PTA Movie Night 6:00 pm
Monday, February 26th: 4th Grade Music Program 6:00
Tuesday, February 27th: Choir Zone Grades 4 & 5 8:00
Wednesday, February 28th: Page Turner's Grades 2-5 8:00
2018-2019 Kindergarten Enrollments / Round Up
The following documents need to brought to your school appointment to complete enrollment:
- Birth Certificate
- Birth parent/Legal Guardian Photo ID
- 2 current proofs of residency less than 60 days old (2 different utility bills - gas/water/electric OR lease agreement OR house contract)
- Immunization Record
Kindergarten Round-Up will be on Tuesday, March 20 at 6:30. This evening you will bring your incoming Kindergartener for a presentation and to meet the Kindergarten teachers.
Summer Adventure 2018 - Enrollment begins February 6th 9:00 am
Grades K-8 Dates: June 4 - June 29
Enrollment Opens: February 6 at 9:00 a.m ( You will need your student's id number to enroll. I will be sending this number out by email on February 2nd. Lori )
EARLY START SCHOOL (8:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
Lewis & Clark
Liberty Public Schools offers a Summer School program for students entering Pre -Kindergarten through 12th grade. This program is designed to both enhance student skills in the core curricular areas while also providing opportunities to enrich and explore areas of interest. Interactive hands-on activities are delivered around exciting themes throughout the curriculum.
Bulletin: The Missouri General Assembly may adjust funding for summer school at any time. As a result, the Liberty Summer School program may be adjusted or modified based on available state funding.
Reminders from Nurse Bridget
See below for different student illness scenarios and guidelines to follow.
If you email the teacher any illness information, please CC Bridget Lester as well.
- I have a fever of 100 degrees or higher, I am ready to go back to school when I am fever free without medications for 24 hours (e.g. Tylenol, Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen).
- I am vomiting within the last 24 hours, I am ready to go back to school when I am free from vomiting for 24 hours after the LAST time I vomited.
- I have diarrhea in the last 24 hours, I am ready to go back to school when I am free from diarrhea for 24 hours after the LAST time I had diarrhea.
- I have head lice (itchy head, nits or live lice) I am ready to go back to school when I am free from live lice. I must visit my school nurse before returning to school to be checked.
- I have an eye infection (redness, itching, pus draining from eye) I am ready to go back to school when I am free from drainage and/or it has been at least 24 hours since the FIRST dose of antibiotics.
- I have been in the hospital or emergency room visit I am ready to go back to school when I am told by doctor that I may return to school.
"Keep the Flu Out of School" campaign from NASN. Great resource for your use...Check it out!!
Attendance and Transportation
- Please call the office (736-5430) or email firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will be absent. We have voicemail as well that is checked throughout the day so feel free to leave us a message.
- Please call the office (816-736-5430) or email email@example.com before 3:00 to make any transportation changes. The end of the day can be quite busy after 3:00 and we want to make sure the change is successful.
Lewis and Clark Webpage
Lewis and Clark Reads ~ Blogspot