GSRP Staff Newsletter
September 28-October 2
Our First Week with Students!
Tuesday, September 29th- Nita here for play visits.
Susan 4:15- ELA mtg. Central Media Center
Susan 6:30 intake appointment for room 1 new student.
Wednesday, September 30th- Nita here for play visits.Susan at GISD for PBSS coach training. Emergency drill day. There will be both a fire and tornado drill! Please talk with your students about the drills. Natalie will be here to supervise.
Thursday, October 1st- Nita here for play visit in room 2.
Friday, October 2nd - 8:30- Susan mtg with Holly Halabicky, Jennifer Webster, and Heather Williamson regarding room 1 ECSE scheduling.
9:30- Staff meeting for ALL teachers- associate and lead teachers!
MERT team training with Natalie and Susan.
10:00-Natalie will meet with teachers on an individual basis to go over GSRP goals based on PQA results, and to share teacher evaluation information.
- GSRP picture day will take place Thursday, October 8th. You will receive packets in your mailbox this Friday. Please send them home with students on Monday, October 5th.
- Our first early release day for the district is October 7th. Please continue to remind parents that we will NOT have p.m. classes on that day. Teachers and associate teachers will still work and follow your normal p.m. hours. The afternoon will be spent on some Child Care Licensing training and ASQ online entry. If you do not have your ASQ online password, please email Nita and she will get it to you.
- Valet for drop off and pick up will start on Monday, October 5th. A synervoice call will be going out to parents to remind them. Make sure all of your parents have the pick up signs with their child's name to display in the window to help us expedite pick up. Assignments for associate teachers and monitors were emailed to you last week.
- Child study process... Natalie, Nita, and I have discussed the procedure for referring GSRP students that you have concerns with. The first step to take is to ensure that the ASQ and ASQ-SE have been administered and scored. The next step is to ensure that Tier I C-SEFEL strategies are being tried and documented. We will have a C-SEFEL refresher training on October 30 with Trina Burnham on the Tier Training for social and emotional health. After you have been through the refresher training, completed the ASQ's and tried recommended strategies for preschool students, we can involve Nita and our social emotional specialist if necessary. Actual Thomson, Siple, or Hill child study referrals would not be completed until at least March after the above mentioned steps for GSRP students have been taken.
- Please put a reminder in your letter regarding turning the green health appraisal forms into the office. We need them back within 30 days of school starting.
A note from the bus lot...
Arrival and Dismissal...
8:00- Lead teachers arrive
8:15- Associate teachers and monitors arrive
8:30- Unload GSRP students from buses (note the request to not go out earlier)
8:40- Doors open for parent drop off
8:45- a.m. session begins
11:30- GSRP busing students are loaded
11:40- Doors open for parent pick up
11:45-a.m. session ends
11:50-12:30- GSRP teacher lunch
12:30- p.m. buses unload
12:40- Doors open for parent drop off
12:45- p.m. session begins
3:15- Thomson shuttle bus #19 is loaded
3:20- Gates and Siple shuttle buses loaded
3:25- All other buses loaded
3:40- Doors open for parent pick up
3:45- p.m. session ends
4:00- Lead and associate teacher dismissal