KP Monday Memo
May 16 - Week 39
- 5/16 - Amethyst Team to Boston - 7am to 6pm - Justin Gusy on trip
- 5/16 - 7th Grade Concert - 7pm
- 5/16 - Emerald Team to Hall HS - 8:45 to 11:45am
- 5/17 - Garnet Team to Boston - 7am to 6pm - Marc Kotler on trip
- 5/17 - Amethyst Tem to Hall HS - 8:45 to 11:45am
- 5/18 - TL Meeting and CSI - Building -- Emotions and Cognition
- 5/18 - 6th Grade Concert - 7pm
- 5/19 - Emerald Team to Boston - 7am to 6pm - Joy Wright on trip
- 5/19 - Garnet Team to Hall HS - 8:45 to 11:45am
- 5/19 - Beau Strings performing prior to Inter-El Concert at Bushnell - 6:45pm
- 5/20 - Author Program, Lynda Mullaly Hunt - 6th Grade - 2pm
Building CSI AGENDA is coming tomorrow
- Please remember to be in the hallways during transitions starting in the morning to support students' appropriate choices and serve as a deterrent for erroneous choices
- Please remind students in MA and during classes to be respectful in the hallways of one another and the adults by walking with purpose but not walking over people, especially those with injuries. Of course it is always helpful to remind 6th and 7th graders to refrain from running.
Data for H2 Forms due by May 31st (this may mean it is put inafter the summative conference for some)
Summative Evaluation Conferences must be complete by June 1All Pending Forms must be signed by June 8
You're a GEM
- Courtney Baron and Danielle Drozd. Thank you for putting sub work together for me when I was out last week. It was greatly appreciated! Eric
- Joy Wright: Thank you for attending the reception May 3rd and for putting together the picture/video. I think my parents were most proud! Eric
- Denise deMello and Sarah Falvey: Thank you for allowing my SBAC finishers to take safe haven in the media center while others finished. Eric
- Marc Kotler and Liz Anderson: Thank you for coordinating our unique team meeting on Friday. We appreciate your work with all of our students. The Ruby Team
- Denise DeMello from colleague Nancy Salvatore for all her help on Friday getting a finicky DVD player to work while trying to administer SBA in my class.
- Joy Wright from colleague Nancy Salvatore for being sensitive to the needs of a colleague and so very patient as well :)
Passing of the Rocks
Carolyn Andrews is passing the Community Engagement Rock to Eina Rieger. Eina’s donation of her handcrafted pottery to the KP Paint Fundraiser was just one example of
her generosity to our Community. In her classroom, along with her efforts in coordinating the KP Art Show and the Town Wide Art Show, Eina motivates students and nurtures their desire to learn and express themselves in a healthy supportive environment. Her community engagement extends beyond the school district, as she is an active member of the WeHa Arts Emporium and the West Hartford Art League. We are extremely fortunate to have such a talented and passionate individual to promote art appreciation to our friends and neighbors! Thank you, Eina for all you do!!
Lynn Brown and the cafeteria staff are passing the Wellness Rock to Mike Birnbaum We want to thank you for working with our cafeteria helpers. You have a heart of gold and are amazing with our students. Thank you for all that you do!
Danelia Brown is passing the Student Success Rock on to Alana Cosgrove ,Maria Marchese, Deb Newhouse and Jessica Rucci-Koch. I feel they play an important role in the success of many children. They take the time to make individualize plans of success for each child that they have. Some of those success's have resulted in the Coffee house that many of us have enjoyed on Monday and Thursday Mornings. They all have created a safe nurturing environment that enables each child to learn and succeed at their own maximum potential.