SMMS STAFF NOTES
Christmas Break Edition
MINDS ON MISSION SINCE 1942
WITNESS CURIOSITY: OUR JANUARY VALUE
Curiosity is wonder: a desire to learn, discover, and know.
A student that shows curiosity:
- Is eager to explore new things
- Asks and answers questions to deepen understanding
- Actively listens to others
- Promotes a pro-learning attitude in peers
- Pursues academic work outside of school requirements
A teacher that shows curiosity:
- Creates WOW moments for students
- Answers, “I would love to talk to you about that after class” and follows up with student, rather than saying “that is not relevant, or what we are talking about.”
- Voices wondering thoughts frequently
- Post things that interest him or her and talks to students about that interest
*OUR VALUES ARE ESSENTIAL TO OUR MISSION. THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE SUBTLE OR IMPLICIT. THEY SHOULD BE HIGHLY VISIBLE IN YOUR CLASSROOMS, AUDIBLE IN YOUR INSTRUCTION AND CLASS DISCUSSIONS, AND EXPLICITLY EVIDENT IN YOUR LESSON PLANS. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, PLEASE SEE ME.
Confirmation Of Your Courage
It's All About The Kids.
Armed With Knowledge About What Some Of Our Kids Face ...
The Purpose of Catholic Schools...
For more, check out the link below.
Not Pleasant, But Revealing
Grades & Comments
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Lunch provided
- 90 minutes for retreat in the morning
- 60 minutes for full staff meeting in the morning
- 90 minutes for pd and cluster breakouts in the morning
- 180 minutes in afternoon to spend on campus as you see fit