Volume 19/20, Issue 9
Elkmont High School Mission, Vision and Purpose Statement:
The mission of Elkmont High School is to create a safe learning environment where graduates are college and career ready to become productive assets of their community.
The vision and purpose of Elkmont High School is for students to have pride in building a foundation of knowledge, skills, and purposeful experiences that will give them the persistence to become successful members of the 21st century workforce.
Required Parent Pre-Registration Meeting Dates
I know it is hard to believe that our school year is quickly drawing to an end and we are already beginning to plan for the 2019-20 school year. Pre-registration for students will begin soon and we would like to meet with every parent prior to our students registering for their courses for next year.
Limestone County Schools has many learning options for students as we strive to prepare ALL students for post-graduation learning or careers. During this meeting, we will share information about face-to-face classes, online course options, dual enrollment, and career technical opportunities. We will have 3 different meeting times in hope to meet the needs of all our families. Every child must have a parent or guardian attend one of the three sessions prior to pre-registering and receiving a class schedule for the 2019-20 school year.
The meetings will be Monday, April 1st at 6pm and Thursday, April 4th at 6pm in the cafeteria and Tuesday, April 2rd 10:00am in the library. We plan to have a translator available at the Tuesday morning meeting for any parents who need this service.
We look forward to partnering with you to ensure your child’s success.
Important Spring Testing Accountability Testing Dates
April 5, 2019- PSAT 8/9 - 8th and 9th grade testing
April 10, 2019- Scantron- 7th grade testing Science
April 11, 2019- Scantron- 6th-9th grade testing Reading/ Math
April 17, 2019- Scantron- 6th-9th grade testing Reading/ Math
April 24, 2019- ACT w/ writing- 11th grade testing
Prom-- April 6, 2019 Important Information
- Lead out will start at 7:00pm, the first two rows around the stage are reserved for senior parents.
- If a student brings a date for prom and that student doesn't go to Elkmont or is over 21 years old, then a copy of dates drivers license must be on file with Mr. Tribble. If we don't have the dates drivers license on file the the date will not be allowed to attend.
- All EHS student code of conduct rules are still in force at prom.
- If a student is in violation of rules they will be asked to leave prom without a refund of prom tickets.
- Parents-- when the DJ asked for parents to leave, please immediately exit the venue!! This is per your kids request :)
New Cell Phone Policy at EHS
Cell phones, smart watches and tablets are banned from teacher classrooms unless teachers allow you to use them at teachers directive for instructional purposes only. Substitute teachers do not have the authority to allow you to use your cellphones ever.
Students must turn in their cell phones to the teacher or be placed in a designated area upon entering the classroom.
Students have the choice to leave their phones in their lockers
Failure to do so will result in progressive discipline by the teacher
Cell phones and smart watches may be used ONLY in the cafeteria either during breakfast or at lunch. You may also use your phone during class changes however if it makes you late to class this privilege can be revoked as well.
New Headphone Policy at EHS
Effective immediately headphones are banned from being used on campus.
This has become a safety issue because we are unable to communicate with students who have on headphones.
If you are caught with headphones or earbuds in your ears you will be disciplined.
This ban starts at 7:30am and ends at 3:05pm.
Checking out of school know the rule!!!!
Elkmont will not accept email checkouts or phone checkouts.
- All student’s who need to checkout must have a note written by their parent or guardian with a phone number written on the note.
- This change is being implemented because we cannot absolutely verify who is writing the email or making the call.
Morning arrival - Please Read!
- Lunch accounts MUST be updated! If you owe money, please take care of this ASAP! This is a GREAT time to set up a Paypams account! If you would like to apply for free or reduced priced lunches, please see the Cafeteria Manager or go online to paypams.com and click lunch application.
AP Spring Study Session Dates:
4/6/19: AP Physics, AP Bio, and AP Chemistry
4/27/19: APUSH and AP GOPO2
5/4/19: AP Chemistry (2nd opportunity for those who cannot attend on 4/6-- no conflict with Calculus) and AP Calculus
- 4th Nine Weeks Progress Reports Go Home
- National Administrative Professionals Day
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- School Nutrition Employee Week
- National School Nurses Week
- Senior Awards @9am in the New Gym
- Underclassman Awards @1pm in the new gym
- Last Day of School for Students, Half Day for Students
- Graduation in Elkmont Gym at 8pm
Limestone County Parent and Family Engagement Plan Overview
Pride, Purpose, Persistence Tee-Shirts and Vehicle Decals
PLEASE KEEP LUNCH ACCOUNTS UP-TO-DATE!!! ALL UNPAID BALANCES ARE DUE ASAP
-IF/WHEN YOU ARE ABSENT, YOU MUST BRING IN A PARENT OR DOCTOR NOTE FOR THE ABSENCE TO BE EXCUSED.