The Bobcat Beat
October 8, 2020
When we start back to school, the schedule will change slightly. The student day is from 9:10AM - 3:10PM. Parent/Car drop off will be from 8:40am-9:05am. Parent/Car Pick Up will be from 3PM-3:15PM.
SCHEDULE FOR NEXT WEEK
During the week of October 12th, teachers and staff will prepare for the shift to hybrid.
- Monday, October 12th - Teacher in-service, No School for students. (this was already on the district calendar).
- October 13th-16th - Half days. Students will follow their normal schedule, 9-11am. There is no school and will be no work assigned for the afternoons.
SCHEDULE FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th
During the week of October 19th, teachers and staff will focus on teaching and practicing the school's safety protocols (more information on these coming next week!) Teachers will provide asynchronous learning activities for the days children are at home.
- Monday, October 19th & Tuesday, October 20th: Cohort A (A-K).
- Wednesday, October 21st: Virtual Learning for ALL students
- Thursday, October 22nd and Friday, October 23rd: Cohort B (L-Z)
- Students with IEPs and English Language Learners are invited to attend school 4 days per week.
- Students in our AS program are invited to attend school 5 days per week.
Transportation - Please Read!
As we prepare for the hybrid return to school, we will be reviewing our AM drop off and PM dismissal procedures. Please fill out this brief survey to help us prepare.
In addition, if your child attends a daycare in our attendance boundary before or after school and needs busing to/from that location you will need to fill out the attached daycare provider form. Students will be allowed one bus stop for the morning and one bus stop for the afternoon. Students will not be permitted to have a blended week, meaning they cannot have one stop Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and another on Tuesday, Thursday. Any student attending ACP will be removed from bus routes. This is counted as a daycare, and if they attend ACP then the home stop will be removed from the routes. Please return the form to Mrs. Zoretic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we cannot wait to see all of our Bobcats soon! The form is at the bottom of this newsletter.
Please visit our Return to Hybrid FAQs to learn more.
We will communicate more information and the details of what the Hybrid model will look like at Fern Hill next week. Thank you for your patience as we finalize our plan.
In the next few weeks, it would be great if you can start to have your child wearing a mask to practice and build stamina. We will have mask and hand washing breaks built into our master schedule; however, wearing a mask for an extended period of time may be new for some of our students. If you are not doing so already, please practice how to properly put the mask on so that the children are not touching their eyes, nose, or mouth in the process. This is something we will work on with the children as well.
Please click - What Type of Mask is Okay? to learn more about what type of mask is acceptable.
Also, students will need to wear a child-sized mask that fits every day. We ask that parents send your child in with an extra mask in a ziploc bag. We will have some child-sized masks if a child needs one.
Picture Day - More Information Coming Soon!
We are working with Moto Photo to schedule our School Picture Day! We will have two days so each cohort can have their pictures taken - October 27th and 29th. We will invite our cyber students and students remoting into the hybrid model in to school to have their picture taken. More information and a schedule will come soon!
- Special Area classes are MANDATORY! Our teachers are providing a blend of live via zoom and recorded videos and follow up learning activities (submitted via Schoology or Seesaw). Our special area teachers do provide grades (1, 2, 3, 4) on the report cards.
- SPIRIT DAY tomorrow, Friday, October 9th - WEAR YOUR BOBCAT BLUE!!!
- No School on Monday, October 12th - Teacher In-Service
- Half Days on Tuesday, October 13th - Friday, October 16th. School is from 9-11am. The teachers and staff are preparing for hybrid model in the afternoon.
Reminders from the PTO
We do not plan to do a large Fundraising campaign unless we go back to the building and our budget needs to increase but we will concentrate on smaller FUN-raisers to engage our FHE Community including Cyber and Remote 2.0 BOBCATS. We are planning to use money raised last year and this year for the following:
1) FHE BOBCAT SIGNAGE above the Stage!!
2) Replace water fountains with Bottle Refill Stations
3) Bathroom Poster artwork-encouraging messages
School Fuel: See the flyer above. If interested, click HERE.
NEW PANDEMIC SPIRITWEAR!
New 2020 Pandemic FHE Spirit Wear is on sale now! Order online or via mail. Order deadline is 10/10. Please see below flyer attached details. You can visit this LINK.
Let’s also show our SPIRIT with a Spirit Day, tomorrow, Friday, October 2nd by wearing blue!
PTO DIRECTORY WEBSITE
Login into our website to join, verify and update your information and use our directory to find your children’s classmates:
Be on the look out for an email from the PTO from Membership Toolkit this weekend!
PTO FACEBOOK GROUP
Please join our Facebook Page at Fern Hill PTO to keep in the know!
2020-21 YEARBOOK INFO (INCLUDES BOTH CYBER AND REMOTE BOBCATS) (see documents below)
Check out the info: https://fernhillpto.membershiptoolkit.com/yearbook
PLEASE NOTE: 10% off yearbook offer expires 9/30!
2018-19 and 2019-20 YEARBOOKS AVAILABLE AT DISCOUNT
Prior year’s yearbooks on sale for $11 each. Message FHPTOYEARBOOK158@gmail.com for a copy!
Remember to download the Boxtop App and scan your grocery receipts within 14 days of purchasing of Boxtop product!
If you shop via Amazon Smile, consider allocating your .1% donation to Fern Hill Parent Teachers Association.
If you want to get involved, have an idea or question please we would love to hear from you!
We are all in this together! GO BOBCATS!!
Reminder from the Nurse
All incoming students are required to have up to date vaccinations. Here is a link with more information:
- Kindergarten students and new students need to have a physical and dental exam on file.
- 3rd grade students need to submit a dental report.
I can accept any exam done after 9/1/2019. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Wendy McGregor, RN email@example.com 484 266-1606
WCASD Counseling and Mental Health Professionals Service Guide
We recognize that our students at home may feel isolated. Please know that one of our main goals is to help your children feel connected to their teacher, classroom and Fern Hill! Our district has a Counseling and Mental Health Professionals Service Guide to provide supports and resources if your child is having a difficult time through all of this. This guide provides Counselor and Mental Health Professionals' contact information, services, important forms, and additional resources for parents of students Kindergarten through 12th grade.