MCES Eagle Almanac
Watch us Grow!
News and Updates from the Principal:
LUNCH BUNCH Book Clubs Began November 4th
Here's a snapshot of the important events we have coming up.
- Thursday, Nov 7: Students who received the Flu Vaccine will receive the 2nd dose
- Tuesday, Nov 12: MCES Attendance Meetings 1pm and 6pm 1st Grade Program
- Thursday, Nov 14: Progress Reports go home
- Monday, Nov 18: 6pm MCS Board Meeting
- Tuesday, Nov 19: GATE Down on the Farm Variety Show - MCS Auditorium
- November 24-29: Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday Dec 3: 6:30pm Pajama-Rama and MCES Christmas Tree Lighting
- Friday, Dec 6: Santa and Me PIX
- Tues, Dec 10: MCES Attendance Meetings
School Attendance is Critical
We understand that there are family emergencies and illness that make it necessary to keep a child home. We also know that chronic absence - missing 10 percent or more school days for any reason - can mean that students in 3rd grade are unable to master reading skills and 9th graders dropping out of high school. At MCES, we are making every effort to support you when it comes to attendance. Please do your best to have your child at school every day and on time. Our attendance committee and the MCS Attendance Officer will be hard at work this year to help all of our students and families understand and improve attendance for our students.
NOVEMBER IS PARENT ENGAGEMENT MONTH
November is Parent Engagement Month across the state of Georgia. Please look for 2 separate flyers in your child's book bag with more information as well as a calendar of ideas of ways you and your child(ren) can have fun and learn during the month of November.