Peru Folk Housing
By Reece Gardner and Carter Kryzak
Boat Homes in Peru
- Most of the folk houses in Peru are very long and are usually one story.
- A lot of people build houses that float on water so when the water level rise, their houses will stay on top of the water.
- These houses are popular because Peru has fluctuating sea level so a house that adjust to this is valuable because it keeps your belongings safe and secure
One Story Boat house in Peru.
A group of houses on the water in a city in Peru.
Sea Level Graph
This graph is showing the change in sea level in Peru.
- The people who don't build floating houses usually build houses on high stilt like beams that raise their house really high so the water doesn't cover the house.
- These houses are also used to keep your valuables safe when the water rises.
- Some of the negatives is that the beams aren't as sturdy and they could have bad structure. Also another negative is that these houses reach a certain height so if the water level somehow surpasses this level then their house will be engulfed in water.
- Most of the houses are built with wood and the roofs are usually covered in grass or turf.
- They use these resources because it is widely available the them and it is cheap, durable, and easy to manage.