The Drug: Heroin
What is Heroin?..
- Heroin is an Illegal drug.
- Very addictive.
- Made from Poppy flowers, the sappy part.
- The sap is removed and from the pod and gets made into morphine and other types of Heroin.
- Colors: Rose Gray, brown, and black.
How It Started
- Heroin was first manufactured in 1898 by Bayer pharmaceutical company of Germany
- In the 1850’s opium was a massive problem in the United States(which opium is heroin)
- Then to stop it then they stopped opium and had morphine instead (which then there were addictions to that)
- Then to stop the morphine problem they made and sold heroin(this addiction was the worst one yet)
- In the 1990’s the mortality rate of heroin addicts was about to be as high as 20 times bigger than the rest of the population.
"Heroin cut me off from the rest of the world...." - Suzanne
Hows it Used & Street Names
- Shoot in vein
- Snorting through the nose
- Big H
- Nose Drops
Facts About Heroin
- 2007 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reported, 153,000 current heroin users in the United States.
- In 2007, 93% of the world's opium, comes just from Afghanistan.
Street Heroin can be mixed with poisonous things.
Opiates, mostly heroin, account for 18% of admissions for drug and alcohol treatment in the United States.