LASE Update 3/28/2016
NEWS AND HIGHLIGHTS!
Sorry peeps...this is a long one since I was gone last week on Spring Break. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready for the downhill to the end of the year! It will be here before we know it!
Remember there will not be an April LASE meeting due to the National CEC conference being held in St. Louis.
For our May 13th meeting we have Ernie Trakas, Attorney from Mickes Goldman O'Toole LLC, presenting to our group as well as a celebration for those retiring. If you or someone you know from our group will be retiring at the end of this year and have not yet emailed me please let me know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AREA COLLABORATIVE MEETING FOR 504 COORDINATORS
If you are interested in meeting with other area 504 coordinators there will be an organizational meeting at 2:00 on Thursday, April 7, 2016. Meeting will be held in the Springfield Public Schools, Roseanne Bentley Building, located at 1610 East Sunshine in Springfield. We will discuss how we would like the 504 collaborative group to be organized and what topics we would like to discuss. There is not a sign up yet for the building but it is between Oxford Health Care and a gas station. Please enter on the front of the building and the receptionist will direct you to the meeting.
For further questions on this meeting please contact Diann Barth,Compliance Coordinator for Springfield Public Schools at 417.523.7527 or by email at email@example.com
MO-CASE CHARLES CUMMINGS SCHOLARSHIP
The Charles Cummings scholarship supports graduate level training in special education administration and is awarded to individuals who are employed or aspire to be employed as a special education administrator. We have had several from the southwest area receive this scholarship. Applications for the scholarship can be found on the MO-CASE website. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for the scholarship please let me know so a letter of recommendation from our LASE group can be included in their application. The application link can be found on the MO-CASE website just scroll down the page to find the appropriate application form.
MO-CASE AWARDS NOMINATIONS
2016 MISSOURI TRANSITION INSTITUTE
SW-RPDC COURSE OFFERING
Using Accommodations and Modifications for Inclusionary Practices
This training is designed for special education teachers and process coordinators. The purpose of this training is to assist in the process of making IEP team/instructional decisions. This half day training will cover these topics:
- Differences Between Accommodations and Modifications
- Selecting Accommodations/Modifications
- Implementing Accommodations/Modifications
- Setting High Expectations through specialized instruction
- Evaluation of Accommodations/Modifications
- Student Involvement/Self-Advocacy in the Accommodation/Modifications Process
District Test Coordinators: MAP-A students who transfer into the district prior to the end of the spring testing window must complete their first contact surveys, PNP and be enrolled/rostered to be included in the spring assessment.
Teachers: If you did not complete the fall/winter window testing, please note that the system will generate testlets based on any testing that has been completed and the First Contact Survey (FCS).
Spring Testing Procedures: The Spring window is April 4 to May 27.
- Review the Test Administration Manual: (http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/sites/default/files/tam_im_2015-16_MO_0.pdf).
- The grade levels to be tested for math and English/language arts (ELA) for accountability are 3-8 and 11.
- The grade levels to be tested for science for accountability are 5, 8 and 11.
- There will be 5 math, 5 ELA and 9 science testlets automatically-generated for the spring window.
- The concepts tested will be based on the Essential Elements (EE) that teachers chose for the students in the fall/winter. If a teacher did not choose EEs, the system will auto-gen random EEs from the Missouri Blueprints (http://dese.mo.gov/college-career-readiness/assessment/map-a) based on the FCS.
- The testlets will generate one at a time for each subject. Each testlet will take 5 to 20 minutes to take.
Science: An update for science has been added to the Educator Resource Page: Testlet Information Page (TIP) and practice testlets. This is the first time a sample TIP has been provided for any subject. Science TIPs are different from math and ELA in that they may also include images that the test administrator cuts apart and uses with the student during assessment. http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/content/erp_sci.
Access Practice Testlets : If you’d like to test out the KITE system prior to administering assessments, there are demo logins for you to use on your state-specific DLM webpage. The Guide to Practice Activities & Released Testlets provides logins for a variety of testlet levels with varying accessibility supports. Please note that practice testlets cannot be accessed if you are logged into an active student account.
- IA, KS, MO, NC, ND, UT, and VT click here.