From birth - 2 years old
-Temperament is the child's actions.
Areas are passivity, activity patterns, and irritability.
-Passivity is them responding to their surroundings.
-The child knowing who their talking to.
-Their aware of what people are doing. I
-rritability is when their frustrated or distressed.
-In this area their hard to comfort.
- Other children don't let change bother them.
-Activity patterns is when their usually quiet.
-They hardly move when sleep.
- For example an easy baby.
- emotional connection to people
-usually attach to caregivers, parents, or siblings
- learned to trust their caregivers
- may smile when they see familiar faces
-crying and clinging
- separation anxiety
-when you leave they cry for you
- if you drop them off at a daycare
- if parent goes to the store
- begins between 9-18 month
Changes over time
-from birth-3 months
- show their distress by crying
- show their happy by looking alert, smiling
-usually don't cry tears, just makes noise
- 3- 6 months
-starts to smile at other babies
-tears start to form
- has different cries
-show anger when parent leaves
-this will continue to 14 -16 months
- clings to parent that is about to leave
-aware of their abilities
-sitting up themselves
- frustrated with what they cant do