Gator Community Newsletter, Vol. 15
December 04, 2023 - December 07, 2023
The US Navy STEM outreach program visits.
Recently, Gage Elementary proudly welcomed back the US Navy NIWC STEM Outreach program to our campus.
All second-grade STEM students had fun deepening their science, technology, engineering, and mathematics skills by engaging with Ozobot mini robots and snap electrical circuits. Programming the circuits to send a helicopter disc into the air to catch was a favorite!
We are grateful to third-grade parent Jerry Pham who works with NIWC and brought this amazing opportunity to Gage!
New Absence-Reporting Feature
This image now appears on the Gage website homepage. By clicking it, it will take you to a link to report a student absence. Click it from this newsletter to check it out!.
Avoiding the Staff Parking Lot
Please remember to be respectful to our School Safety Patrol and observe traffic and parking laws.
Please DO NOT:
- Let children out of your car and have them run across the street. They should always cross at a crosswalk.
- Block the driveway of our neighbors
- Get out of your car while in the loading zone. If you want to walk onto campus, you will need to find street parking.
- Park in the staff parking lot, these spots are reserved for staff members
Minimum day is on Wednesdays, pick up at 12:15 p.m.
- Highwood and Hudson running club gates open at 7:25 a.m.
- All other gates open up at 7:43 a.m.
- ALL gates close at 7:55 a.m. (Please leave campus prior to gate closure)
If you're looking for lost items...
Our school's Lost and Found has become the fashion runway for abandoned jackets, lunchboxes, and accessories – it's like the Met Gala of misplaced items! While we're flattered that our Lost and Found is the go-to spot for impromptu fashion shows, we'd love to see these items back in their natural habitat – your homes! So, consider this your exclusive VIP invitation to claim your child's lost treasures before they embark on a new adventure at the Thrift Store on December 15. Don't miss the chance to rescue that lonely mitten or the jacket that swears it'll behave better next time. Come on, superhero parents, let's unite and save the day for our forgetful little fashionistas! The Lost and Found cleanup mission ends on December 14 – after that, it's a one-way ticket to fashion oblivion!
Gage Food Drive
LAST WEEK for the Gage Food Drive
Help San Diegans in need this holiday season by donating food to the annual Gage Food Drive. Students should bring their donations to their classroom where they will be tallied each day. The class with the most donations wins extra time at recess. Donations will be accepted through Dec 8th, and will go to the San Diego Food Bank. Please do not bring expired or non-perishable items, and most needed items include canned proteins such as chicken or tuna, beans, canned fruits and vegetables, whole grain pasta, rice and cereal, peanut butter, and soup.
Upcoming Gage PTA Events
- NOW - Friday, December 8th: Gage Food Drive
- Wednesday, December 6th: PTA Meeting (6:30 PM in the Gage Auditorium and/or via Zoom Meeting: 794 231 0458 | Password: Gators)
- Thursday, December 14th: Dance Party Recess
Make sure you are up-to-date on all Gage PTA Events. Stay connected:
1. PTA email list
2. Bookmark the Gage PTA website
Any Questions? Email GagePTA@gmail.com