Improving Student Performance
Writing & Thinking Across the Curriculum w/Collins Writing
Don't Miss this Nationally-Acclaimed Seminar!
Whether you teach math, science, social studies, English, or even a foreign language, you (and your students) will love the Collins Writing System (CWS).
CWS provides teachers with a unified, research-based writing program that can be used successfully in all classrooms to improve student performance across the curriculum.
Date: October 15, 2020 (8:30 am - 3:30 pm)
Location: Botkins Local Schools, Botkins, Ohio
Limited Seating Available - Register Early to Secure Your Seat
Collins Writing Program (5 Types of Writing - All Subjects)
Target Audience: For grade 4-12 teachers in all subject areas, department heads, curriculum coordinators, principals, supervisors, and special educators.
This workshop provides an in-depth overview of the Collins Writing System. It shows educators (in any content area) how to use the Five Types of Writing to increase students' understanding and retention of course content while simultaneously increasing student involvement and motivation to learn.
The day will be engaging, interactive, and entertaining. We will focus on Type One, Type Two, and Type Three writing along with some other classroom strategies that are seamless compliments to the writing program.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO ...
- Integrate writing into every class without sacrificing the teaching of content
- Utilize writing as a catalyst to enhance the quality of classroom discussions
- Employ the power of effortful retrieval
- Quickly create great writing assignments that promote learning of content and motivate students
- Improve writing skills and content knowledge using the four essential writing assignments
- Implement a portfolio and authentic assessment model that’s manageable
- Use the Five Types of Writing to improve student performance and test scores
Visit the MRESC's Calendly Scheduling Tool to Register for This Event!
Costs & Registration Fees
- $125 (per person) for Hardin, Shelby, Logan, Champaign, and Madison County Public School Districts, Boards of DD, & Career Centers
- $175 (per person) for school districts outside of the above counties or other agencies/non-profits
If you have questions about fees or the registration process, please contact Kim Leach at email@example.com
**DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS September 28th at 12:00 pm
ATTENTION TO DETAILS - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Thursday, Oct. 15th, 8:30am-3:30pm
Botkins Sports Complex, 208 North Sycamore Street, Botkins, Ohio 45306
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines & Reminders
All attendees will: (1) have their temperatures checked upon entering the building, and (2) be required to complete the COVID-19 self-assessment form during the daily check-in process. CLICK HERE to access a digital copy of the COVID-19 self-assessment form. We require the use of personal protective equipment, including face masks.
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 15 minutes early for each session to complete the check-in process.
Food & Beverage: Bottled water and assorted breakfast bars will be available at the beginning of the session. While coffee or other food will not be served, participants are free to bring snack items for themselves or to share with the group. Please plan accordingly…..Lunch: You will have an hour for lunch (on your own)
What You Should Bring? Participants should bring note-taking materials and writing utensils with them to the session.
Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received ten (10) days before the first day of the event or series.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision/Mission: The Midwest Regional Educational Service Center serves and supports students, families, and districts as an innovative educational partner.