St. Patrick Catholic School
Weekly Bulletin-January 28, 2018
Gr. 1-4 Physical Literacy Reward
ALL Students have now reached this goal-Mr. Doll informed our students that they will be receiving their surprise reward on Wednesday, January 31st. Stay tuned!
JANUARY SPIN THE WHEEL!
As directed by the Archdiocese.....
In respect of Ash Wednesday (a universal day of fast and abstinence) falling on February 14th this year, any Valentines Day festivities planned for our classes will be celebrated on February 13th.
K OF C Free Throw @ OLMP School!!
MAKER SPACE MATERIAL DONATIONS
paper tubes- paper towel and toilet paper
electronics that can be taken apart- e.g. remote controls, hard drives, computer keyboards
Thanks for having a look!
- Tuesday 30th Gr. 4 B-ball @ Chester Ronning 3:30 pm
- Wednesday 31st Jump Rope for Heart Assembly 2:30pm
- Wednesday 31st Gr. 1-4 Surprise Reward!
- Thursday 1st PD Day-No School
- Friday 2nd Gr. 2B/2N Swimming 1:15 pm
- Friday 2nd Report Cards-live in Power School
- Friday 2nd Hot Lunch-Wok Box
- Friday 2nd Saints Hockey Club Ice session 9 am
- Sunday 4th Children's Mass @ St. Francis Xavier 11 am
- Monday 5th EARLY DISMISSAL DAY 2:15 pm
- Wednesday 7th Winter Walk Day 12:40 pm
- Thurs/Fri 8th/9th Teachers Convention-No School
- Monday 12th Olympic Games Day & Assembly 9 am
- Tuesday 13th Valentines Day class celebration(s)
- Tuesday 13th Shrove Tuesday
- Wednesday 14th Ash Wednesday Liturgy 1 pm
- Wednesday 14th Gr. 4 B-ball @ Jack Stuart 3:30 pm
- Thursday 15th Jump Rope for Heart event
- Friday 16th PD Day-No School
- Monday 19th Family Day-No School
- 20th-23rd 1B/1D Swimming 1:15pm
- Wednesday 21st Gr. 4 B-ball vs Jack Stuart (@St. Pat's) 3:30 pm
- Thursday 22nd School Council Mtg 7 pm
- Friday 23rd Hot Lunch- Panago
- Saturday 24th Gr. 4 B-ball Tournament @ St. Pat's 9 am
- Monday 26th 1B/1D Swimming 1:15pm
- Tuesday 27th Gr. 4's Hockey Hooky @ Roger's Place
- Wednesday 28th Pink Shirt Day
TOWER GARDEN CLUB!!!!
PICK UP/DROP-OFF REMINDER:
HOW TO BOOK A STUDENT ABSENCE
ASSURANCE PLANNING-EICS/ALBERTA EDUCATION ACCOUNTABILITY SURVEYS
As an annual check-up on the education system, the Accountability Pillar provides an opportunity for Alberta Education and school authorities to ensure that we are equipping students for success.
The Accountability Pillar uses a set of 16 indicators. Data on these indicators consists of surveys of students, parents and teachers on various aspects of education quality, student outcomes such as dropout and high school completion rates, and provincial assessments of student learning.
From January to the end of February, Alberta Education will be conducting the annual Accountability Pillar Survey.
· In January, parents of students in grades 4, 7 and 10 (change to grades 4-12 if applicable) will receive a survey from Alberta Education.
· In February, students in grades 4, 7 and 10 (change to grades 4-12 if applicable) and all teachers will be completing their surveys online at school.
All surveys are anonymous and ask questions about experiences with your school. Your participation in the survey helps provide important information on the quality of education your child is receiving, so we encourage you to return your survey promptly.
Survey results will be available to school authorities in May 2018, and will be reported publicly as part of their 3-Year Education Plans and Annual Education Results Reports.
EICS will also be surveying our Grade 4 students between January 16th and February 23rd. This will also be facilitated at St. Patrick Catholic School by school personnel.