Bath County Middle School
Friday, December 6, 2019
- Attention to 7th Grade Parents: A recent audit has found several students are missing the required documents for school enrollment. Please check to see if your student has brought home a letter from the health unit requesting copies of missing requirements. These records are needed ASAP.
- BCMS Backpack Program Food Drive will begin December 2-10. Collection Boxes are located in 6th Grade Ms. Dennis, 7th Grade Mrs. Watts, and 7th Grade Mrs. Bloomfield's classes. The top classroom in each grade will receive a Pizza Party and Ale-8's. (200 items minimum) and the grade level with the most items will receive a snack and extra break time. Sponsored by BCMS TOPS and the YSC. Thank you!
- 2019 Deck The Halls sponsored by the Bath County Memorial Library and the Bath County Arts Council. A silent auction to aid the Bath County Arts Council in promoting the arts in Bath County Proceeds will go directly to the arts program in Bath County Schools. The event will be held on Saturday, December 7. Christmas Items can be delivered to the Bath County Memorial Library until Thursday, December 5. Items may be viewed, and bids placed until Saturday, December 7. Online bidding ends at 3 pm. and live bidding ends at 4:59 p.m. Online bidding is on the events page of the Bath County Memorial Library.
- Bath County Boys Soccer is sponsoring Pancakes with Santa on December 7, 2019 from 8am-11am at Owingsville First Church of God Adult Ticket $8.00 and Child Ticket $5.00 (12 and Under) Includes: Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage, or Bacon. Pictures with Santa Available for Purchase. Please see Missy Vincent if you would like to purchase a ticket.
- CSSC, INC. Demcember Commodity Giveaway will be on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 from 9:30 am- 3:30 pm.
- The BCMS Basketball Wildcats will be in action tonight at home versus Elliott Co. Good Luck Wildcats!
- Practice has begun for Varsity Girls track and it is being held at the high school concession area by the gym.
- Any girl interested in trying out for Volleyball must have their physical by January 6th. You may NOT attend without a completed physical. The forms can be picked up in the front office. The schedule is for conditioning and skill building. January 6, 3:15-5:00 will be the first practice. Coach Blount can be contacted if you have questions 606-782-5719.
Breakfast, December 6: Omelet w/Salsa or Jelly, or Cereal, Toast, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Lunch, December 6: Vegetable Soup w/Crackers, Grilled Cheese, Broccoli, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Breakfast, December 9: Muffin & Yogurt, or Cereal, Toast, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Lunch, December 9: Cheese Quesadilla, Salsa, Fiesta Rice, Refried Beans, Fruit, Juice, MIlk
- Congratulations to Jordan Swartz, Katelyn Parish, and Twyla Wilson for making the All-District Band. They will perform with other students selected from 16 surrounding counties at the Paramount Arts Center in January.
- Due to no school this past Monday and the 6th Grade field trip for today the BCMS Annual Food Drive has been extended to Tuesday, Dec. 10.
- STLP is offering a technology Help desk for teachers, staff, and students who need help with technology issues. Teachers and staff please check your email for a form that you can fill out anytime you need tech help.
- Any 7th or 8th Grade Beta Member interested in going to the Beta Convention on January 22-24 needs to see Ms. Ballman for more information packet. All money and forms are due back by December 11. Spots are available for the first 40 students who turn their forms in.
- 2020 Yearbooks are on sale! Cost is $25.00. Please see Mrs. Colwell if you would like to purchase a yearbook.
- Any student interested in joining the Academic Team for Governor's Cup is invited to an informational meeting next Monday, December 9, after school in Ms. Moriarity's room-room 212. The current academic team will discuss all the types of activities you can choose to be involved in, and you will have a chance to see compete in a mock written test and a mock quick recall match. There are also spots available for writers as well. Come be part of the BCMS academic team.
Quote of the day: "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." Elizabeth Foley
The Title I program at Bath County Schools promotes the belief that all children can learn and acknowledges that parents share the school’s commitment to educational success for all students. We recognize that a student’s education is a responsibility shared by school, family, students, and community. District staff and staff within Title I schools work jointly to ensure effective involvement of parents and the success of the students in reaching high academic standards.
BATH COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Todd Neace Principal
Misty Johnson Assistant Principal
Hillary Lewis Counselor
Kaye Wells YSC
Missy Vincent Bookkeeper
Crystal Fields Attendance Clerk
Tracye Botts Receptionist