Henry Ford: Change is in the Air
By: Alejandro Guerrero
- Henry Ford was born on July 30, 1863, in Greenfield Township, Michigan.
- At a young age, young Henry loved the work and the art of mechanics.
- He taught himself the work of mechanics by receiving a pocket watch, taking it apart, then puting it back
- He also learned about steam-engines, and they are made, and how they would run.
- when he was about 18 years old, he left the farm in 1879, and started working at the Michigan Car Company.
Middle Aged Ford
- In 1888, Henry married a woman named Clara Ana Bryant.
- After he was married, he had a son,and moved back to Michigan, to resume his life farming.
- Three years later, he was hired, and became a chief engineer in 1893
Getting to the good stuff
- Ford thought of a theory to make a " Horseless carriage."
- While working at a engineering company, in 1896, he constructed a model for his theory, named the Ford Quadricycle.
- In the same year, he was found at a meeting with Thomas Edison, presenting his model. He was then accepted, and was told to make a second, better model.
Ford Motor Company
- With a few twists and turns, ups and downs, Henry Ford built his Model T in 1903.
- When the automobile came out, 100 percent of the makes were sold, and no carriage with a horse was found.
- Ford had changed the world by making the first ever automobile.