October 23, 2020
Homecoming week at King High School
Celebrating Sheldon ISD Staff
Save the form to your mobile device for easy access
1. Launch the Safari app.
2. Type in the COVID-19 Self-Screening Form URL.
3. Click the icon that has an arrow coming out of a box at the bottom of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
4. Scroll to find 'Add to Home Screen.'
5. Enter a name such as 'COVID-19 Screening Form.'
6. An icon will be added to your home screen after selecting 'Add."
1. Launch the Chrome app.
2. Open the COVID-19 Self-Screening Form URL.
3. Tape the Menu icon (three dots in upper right-hand corner) and choose 'add to home screen.'
4. Enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add the link to your home screen.
Coming Soon - The CARE Award
Recognizing excellent customer service
To nominate an employee for excellent customer service, click here. Nominations will be accepted through November 20 for the winter award presentation.
Donate to the employee scholarship fund
A link to this year's payroll deduction form is provided here and any amount you wish to donate is appreciated. Once the form has been completed, please give it to your school secretary or forward to the Payroll Department. Thank you for all the ways you make a difference in the lives of our students.
October is Cyber Security Month
This month, Sheldon ISD launched a simulated phishing email to the district employees. Everyone received a fake email from “Fedex” with what could have been a harmful link embedded in the email from the Technology department.
More than 10% of the district not only opened the email but also clicked on the harmful link. This is great reminder that we need to continue to treat all external emails as potentially damaging ones.
- All @sheldonisd.com emails will not be marked as 'External.'
- The SISD Technology department will never ask you to go to a website to authenticate your credentials.
- Forward a questionable email to the Technology department (email@example.com) to be validated.
- Notifiy the Technology department immediately if you believe you have clicked a link in what could be a harmful email.
Update your chat settings
Helpful resources available online for Sheldon staff
- November 3 - Election Day
- November 23-27 - Thanksgiving Break
- November 30 - Staff Development Day - Student Holiday - Upcoming professional development days will be used as an opportunity to deep clean schools. Employees should work remotely these days.
Election Day Polling Information
You might notice more traffic as well as police presence for added security measures and to assist with traffic. To ensure voters have limited access to the building, we have added extra measures of safety including a single monitored entrance separate from the student entrance to the school. There will be no interaction between students and voters throughout the day. The school day will operate as normal. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Important Quick Links for Staff
The above link contains mandatory agreement forms that must be completed before returning to work.